Thursday, October 05, 2006

DONE!!!!

Thank God! I finished the baby blanket squares. I'd show you pictures but 2 large squares in bright yellow garter stitch aren't too exciting. Maybe there will be pictures during assembly.

But now it's SOCKTOBER!!!!
To get in the mood, I'm answering the questionaire.

When did you start making socks? Did you teach yourself or were you taught by a friend or relative? or in a class?

I made my first pair. last March. I bought some yarn (Regia 4 ply, I think). Googled a pattern- basic rib. And away I went. They turned out quite nicely. Although the heel join isn't my best work ever and the dpn's were pretty fiddly at a first. They fit and I was encouraged that I could make a garment that looked the way it was supposed to look. My sweaters haven't been so lucky.

What was your first pair?

Regia 4 ply in a blue and green stripe- Here.

How have they "held up" over time?

Since I'm in California, I've never worn them outside the house. Oops! So they still look great!

What would you have done differently?

The yarn is a little bright. So maybe I'd pick a different color. But those socks definitely started my addiction. Although, I have a ton of bright yarn in the stash. So what the hell am I talking about?

What yarns have you particularly enjoyed?

Koigu. It knits up so soft. I have Sundara, Sunshine yarns, yarntini, and yarn pirate in the stash just begging to be knit. I can't wait! I definitely have developed a taste for soft sock yarn.

Do you like to crochet your socks? or knit them on DPNs, 2 circulars, or using the Magic Loop method?

I'm a dpn girl so far. I'd like to learn Magic loop but just haven't taken the time.

Which kind of heel do you prefer? (flap? or short-row?)

I just did my first pair of short row heels. Although I love short row for speed, the heel flap probably fit my gigantic feet better.

How many pairs have you made?

Let me think... the first pair, Jaywalkers for a gift, one skein cable booties for a gift, short row socks with Jo's pattern, 1 1/2 Pomatomus, and about an inch on some Arrrr-gyles. So 4 1/2 or so. But I have plans. Many plans. And a stash to support them.


Can you tell I like this link thing? Yeah- I only figured that out recently. Internet genius, I do not claim to be.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home