Saturday, September 02, 2006

Lazy Saturday

That's right. We're lazy. Brian and I got up at 11 and walked down to get coffee and cinnamon rolls. And now were back home, on separate computers with sleepy kitties at our feet. Pretty good start to a long, (somewhat) lazy weekend. If only it wasn't raining in NYC and the US Open wasn't delayed.

I've been feeling a little achey and icky lately. And I hadn't slept through the night all week. Anyone who knows me knows that a sleepy chicken is an angry chicken. But 2 Nyquil tablets Thursday night and last night have restored me to my knitterly self.

So, as promised, here is the yarntini I received yesterday. Thank goodness it arrived before the long weekend. I've been wanting to fondle this yarn since I ordered it 3 days ago. Yahaira and Jessie have great turnaround time which is especially important to an impatient person like me!

Across the top is appletini. Then from left to right: pure knits exclusive colorway, gimlet, and vintage. I didn't want to take them out of the plastic and expose them to kitty hair and dust. I love them all. Almost too much to want to knit them. The colors are so bright and vibrant. The yarn is cuddly soft. I need a pattern befitting these lovelies!

Speaking of great patterns, I'm testing Joelene's sock pattern. I'm not very far but I'm really excited because it's a short row heel and I've never done that. Only 6 more inches of cuff to go!

I'm using KP simple stripes in the Sweet Tarts color. I'm also using KP needles in size 1. I love, love, love these needles. They're sharp and smooth. Yes, they are heavier than my Bryspuns or my Susan Bates dpn's but they are far superior in the sharp tip and slipperiness. I just love them.

OK- I'm off to work on my socks.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Nell said...

Hey this is the OTHER Nell (knitty nell-nell)! I love that yarn. Particularly the pink/purple/brown one on the left! Funny you should be Chicken Knits and a Nell. I work with chickens and have a growing collection at home on the shelf (obviously not real ones!). I'll take a photo and post it...

2:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how funny I did my test socks in simple stripes too. Autumn color. I did only 45 inches for the cuff and almost got both socks out of one ball
ANN in vermont

4:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww, the yarn you received is so gorgeous, such happy and cheerful colors! And I love the beginnings of your sock, I'm curious to see how the pattern is going to look with that beautiful yarn!

2:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home