Friday, February 08, 2008

The Productivity Post

I had the most productive day yesterday! Got up. Read my blogs. Answered emails. Did some school work. Went to the post office to mail some destash stuff. (Incidentally, there's more to be had on my destash page. Ravelry link.) Came home and baked bread. Worked out for an hour while shamefully watching Rock of Love II reruns. And all that before settling in for Oprah. I also turned the heel on the second Embossed Leaves sock. I predict an FO soon.

My new schedule rocks! I only have school 3 days a week. Sure, I'm supposed to be finding a job and studying. But my books aren't here yet. So I just have to knit and bake while I wait for my reading material to arrive.

Speaking of the baking...

Foccaccia

I've never made Focaccia before. And it turned out really well. Delicious when toasted. Just use good olive oil because you can really taste it.

Wheat Bread

And a couple of loaves of whole wheat. Luckily they do not resemble the wheaty bricks I've made before. They aren't as tall as I hoped but that's OK. Maybe next time.

Before I went to bed, I started a new book. So far, Water for Elephants is fantastic. Good writing. Intriguing and quirky story. Hopefully it keeps up through the whole book.

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger Lovs2Knit said...

Yum...Bread is my one true weakness! :)

11:35 AM  
Blogger peaknits said...

OMG, I am a carbo-ho - yor bread looks delicious! Water For Elephants will continue to be an endearing story - just love the narrator! A strange-sounding story that I let languish on my bookshelf too long - I was really missing out! Glad I finally read it! I think it is my anti-clown fetsih that kept me on the fence too long!:)

3:00 PM  
Blogger rohanknitter said...

Yum, the baking looks great!
Hard to beat some fresh bread.
I add vital wheat gluten and dough enhancer to my wheat bread to help it rise.
http://www.pleasanthillgrain.com/grains_baking_supplies.aspx

3:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! You've reminded me that I used to make focaccia all the time. My favorite sandwich to make with it involves, of all things, defrosted frozen spinach and slices of fresh mozzarella cheese with olive oil. I had it from a little deli in Florence and would bring it to work regularly. YUM!

3:09 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

The bread looks great! I love foccacia.

3:38 PM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

Sounds like a great day indeed!! Destashing in preparation of Stitches?!! Me too!

The bread looks delicious!!!

11:14 PM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

I love focaccia! Your baking looks lovely. I remember the days of 3 days of school, 4 off. I had two semesters like that my second year. Heaven! I look forward to seeing your socks!

5:33 AM  
Blogger Dawn said...

MMMM....I can smell the bread! I love having days where everything falls in place, gets finished and even time for knitting!

7:15 AM  
Blogger Emma said...

That does sound like a super-productive days. And the baked items look amazing!

7:53 AM  
Blogger KnittingMoose said...

Wow, I'm impressed with your productivity! That bread looks yummy!

4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home