Monday, May 30, 2011

Dries Turns 2

Today is my nephew Dries's (rhymes with Peace) birthday party. He turns 2 tomorrow but Memorial Day is a better day to have the party than the day after Memorial Day.

Anyway...

A few weeks ago, Dries saw my phone that had a picture of a robot on it and started wanting the robot. He said, "Aunt Nell robot!" over and over. We taught him to dance the robot but I was thinking how he really should have his own robot.

Dries on the giraffe

Wouldn't you knit almost anything for this kid?

Dries's Robot

Pattern: Robbie the Radiant Robot (my Rav Page)
Yarn: KP Wool of the Andes in Calypso Heather, Caution, and White
Needles: KP Zephyr Needles in US size 6
Date Started: May 8, 2011
Date Finished: May 27, 2011
Mods: I sewed the antennae onto his head. The pattern says you only need to attach it with a pipe cleaner but it didn't feel 2-year-old-proof to me.
Comments: I really love the way his eyes slant toward each other. It was unintentional but makes him look mad.

The Robot

Toy knitting is notoriously fiddly. There are too many parts and too much sewing. This project has the same issues but I really love the results. I might knit one for myself. Mostly, I hope Dries likes him as much as I do.

Happy Birthday, Dries!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger sara said...

I like his button eyes too. I hope Dries loves it.

4:09 PM  
Blogger Sally said...

He loves it!

9:05 PM  
Blogger Lovs2Knit said...

Cute robot. Your nephew is adorable!

8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home