Monday, March 07, 2011

Keep On Knitting

I'm not back to work for 2 more weeks. So I just keep on knitting. Trying to save a little money means serious stash diving. I checked out my stash and found a pattern on Ravelry that would work with this poor yarn that has been lingering in stash limbo for almost 4 years. (What did we do before Ravelry???)

Chromosome Scarf- Done

Pattern: Chromosome Scarf
Yarn: Tahki Yarns New Tweed in Sage
Purchased On: From The Masked Chicken in a secret pal swap on April 24, 2007.
Needles: KP Harmony size 10 US
Date Started: 3/1/11
Date Finished: 3/6/11
Mods: None. The scarf is a little shorter than I usually like. But the cables look really good in this yarn. And of course, the color is perfect for me. Nice quick TV knitting.

I also cast on for the third sock in Wendy Johnson's book, Toe Up Socks for Every Body- the Bouquet Socks. I'm using Scout's Swag superwash merino sock in Maravilla. This yarn isn't too old. Just purchased last July. But the model sock is knit in a beautiful bright orange. Maravilla was just the ticket.

Bouquet Socks started

The orange is even brighter in person. These are going to be really cheerful socks.

Thanks to Stash and Burn, I found and watched this video by Cat Bordhi on how to do Judy's Magic Cast On. I was doing the cast on completely wrong. The toes on these socks don't have that seam line that I always get. Woo Hoo!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home