Monday, March 14, 2011

Iron Chef Lunch

A few months ago, Iron Chef Morimoto opened a signature restaurant in downtown Napa. Brian and I haven't had a chance to eat there yet. On Saturday, a few friends came into town to have a wonderful lunch. This was 2 months in the planning and it was worth it!

Dana Corwin

You know it's going to be a great lunch when Dana Corwin, editor-in-chief of Food and Wine Magazine and frequent Top Chef judge is hanging out. Not the best picture because I was trying to be sly.

On to the food...

More Crab

Hot and Spicy King Crab Appetizer. Pay no mind to the empty shell, I just couldn't wait to dig in!

Hot Crab Appetizer

This was a HUGE appetizer. I couldn't eat it all. And the leftovers were just as fabulous on Sunday.

Lunch Set

Lunch Sets- The Morimoto version of a bento box. Salad, Sushi, Tempura vegetables, and the main event- Sea Urchin Carbonara.

Sea Urchin Carbonara

Amazingly rich and flavorful- I could only eat a few bites because it was so rich. But every bite was a dream. I finished it off with Brian's help later on Saturday night.

Sake Flight

With lunch, I had a flight of Morimoto's signature sake. 2 oz. pour of 4 different grades including an 5 year aged sake. It was interesting to taste the differences in each grade. I feel like I have a decent palate when it comes to wine but I know NOTHING about sake. On Saturday, I had a little education.

Donut Dessert

Donuts with flavored sugar and honey for dessert. Our table hemmed and hawed about getting dessert because we were so full. So glad we did. These were light as air and so fun to eat with all the flavored sugars and honey to make each bite unique.

Take Out Box

Check this out! Even the take out box is fancy.

We are so lucky to have too many restaurants to choose from in a relatively small area. However, we were missing a high end Japanese/sushi place. Morimoto really shines in filling that gap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home