Sunday, August 29, 2010

I Made the Sauce From Seed

I'm obsessed with growing tomatos. Simply because I want to make this sauce. It is just THAT good.

Tomatos that I grew!

I grew these tomatos. They are a speckled Roma variety. They are delicious, meaty, and perfect for sauce.

Herbs Rinsing

Herbs, herbs, herbs. Oregano, basil, and parsley ready to add their fresh flavor.

Tomato Pre-Roasting

The first step in the recipe is to roast the tomatoes and garlic with olive oil, salt, and pepper. DO NOT skip this step. It's what really gives body to the tomato flavor.

Tomatos Post-Roast

I had 4 trays of tomatoes hit the oven. The house smelled amazing.

Delicious Tomatos

See????? Delicious, oozy, tomatoey goodness.

Ingredients Ready to Go

Toss it all into the food processor. Add a little wine.... and....

The Finished Sauce

Dig in. Fresh and wonderful. LOVE it!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Knitting Kris said...

Now that looks wonderful! I love the tomatoes this time of year. What I wouldn't do to preserve them for January! :) Enjoy!

5:32 PM  
Blogger 5elementknitr said...

That looks absolutely divine!

7:22 PM  
Blogger Lovs2Knit said...

Yum! That looks delicious!!! I missed growing my own tomatoes this year.

9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home