Monday, July 12, 2010

A Rose is a Rose

After buying Wendy Johnson's book, Toe Up Socks for Every Body, I was really inspired to go deep stash diving and cast on.

Rosebud Socks- Done

Pattern: Rosebud Socks
Yarn: Sundara Sock Yarn in Cupid
Purchased: July 20, 2006- That's deep stash!
Needles: KP Options Circulars US 1 1/2
Date Started: June 18, 2010
Date Finished: July 11, 2010
Mods: None.

Rosebud Socks- Heels

I've never done a toe up sock with a heel flap. Toe up patterns always seem to have short row heels. I LOVE the heel flap.

Rosebud Socks- Foot

This pattern was really fun to knit. It was interesting but not too complicated.

Rosebud Socks- Done

The Rosebud socks are the first pattern in the book. (I even knit them in a similar color.) I enjoyed knitting them so much, I may just cast on for the second pattern today. This could turn into a "knitting the book" project. But no promises on that yet.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Oooh pretty! They look fantastic!

3:34 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Those are soooo pretty, love them!

7:48 AM  
Blogger chemgrrl said...

Wow, those are beautiful!

8:54 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

Lovely! I have never tried heels like that too.

8:55 AM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

I have never done a traditional heel flap on toe-ups, but your socks are gorgeous! Great job, Nell!

2:06 PM  
Blogger weezalana said...

Very pretty! I just finished the first sock in a toe-up gusset heel flap pattern and may never do a short row heel again!

8:28 AM  
Blogger Rocky Moreno said...

Great socks!

8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home