Wednesday, June 16, 2010

It all started with a moth

It's been getting pretty warm up here in Napa. So we've been opening the windows, especially at night, to get some cool breezes flowing through the house. Suddenly, there it was. A moth. IN.MY.STASH.ROOM..... Not good.

When I started imagining the wool munching party that the moths were probably having, I decided the stash needed more protection. And since I haven't really looked into the depths of the stash in awhile, I decided to take on the great stash reorg of 2010.

Yesterday, I took all the stash out of the closet. I made sure both my stash spreadsheet and ravelry were totally updated. I thought the reorganization would take 3-4 hours. But 8 hours later, I learned one thing.... I have A LOT of yarn. Holy cow.

138,788 yards to be exact. And there's more on the way. yikes.

On the up side, I own a lot of really nice yarn. Yarn that deserves to be knit. There's also a lot of yarn that I've grown out of as a knitter. You know what I mean. The cheap sock yarn I thought was fantastic until I discovered handpainted varigated merino. Some of my yarn needs a new home. But just getting it all sorted and reorganized took all of my energy. Someday soon, I'll have to come up with a destash list. Or maybe I'll just gather up what I don't want and donate it to a knitting club somewhere. We'll see.

Until then, it's all sorted and fluffed and safe from hungry moths in ziplock bags. And for added insurance, I bought these sachets today. They actually smell really great.

Here's a link to my stash page on ravelry. Enjoy. And then tell me what to knit with it!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Robyn Devine said...

that's a lot of yarn! i'm glad you love most of it, though. i can't imagine having that much yarn in my tiny yarn closet!

can't wait to see what you'll end up making with it all!

7:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have a lot of great yarn! I sometimes feel overwhelmed when I tear through my stash:{ Do you ever visit Yarns on First? I love going in there when I am up from San Jose visiting family (I miss Napa). Thanks for sharing your stash with us:)

4:29 PM  
Blogger Marisol said...

Wowzers! That is a whole lot of yarn. I actually afraid to go into my yarn room. I have sooooo much destashing to do.

1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home