Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Finally Finished

In the quest to finish some of my lingering WIP's, I finally tackled the seaming and the blocking of Central Park Hoodie. And it's DONE!!!!

Central Park Hoodie

Pattern: Central Park Hoodie. Raveled here.
Yarn: Valley Yarns Northampton in Fawn
Needles: Knit Picks Options in US size 10
Date Originally Started: 6/27/08
Date Frogged: 8/1/09
Date New Version Started: 8/14/09
Date Finished: 6/23/10
Mods: I made the body and sleeves longer than the pattern calls for. I'm 5'10". So my monkey arms have to go somewhere!

Central Park Hoodie- Blocked

Thank goodness for blocking. I tried it on before and it was a hot mess. But once blocked, it looks like an actual sweater. I can see myself grabbing this instead of a jacket as I run out of the house. Very useful type of sweater. Too bad it's 85 degrees here today!

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Thea said...

looks like it'll be a total go-to once fall arrives! And completely hear you on the blocking....

7:31 AM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Love it! Awesome job!

8:18 AM  
Blogger Crazy Knitting Fool said...

Love it! Great job.

9:23 AM  
Blogger weezalana said...

Very nice! CPH is such a great pattern, that will make a great fall jacket alternative!

1:09 PM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

Gorgeous Nell! Simply love it!

10:06 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

Its lovely!

11:51 AM  
Blogger Rocky Moreno said...

Yay! Congratulations! It's lovely.

7:13 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Looks great!
I'm working on mine now too. I just finished up the hood and now need to work on the sleeves. I'm not looking forward to that, but I am looking forward to the finished project!

6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home