Monday, March 01, 2010

Stitches West 2010

Last Saturday, Brian and I made the trek from Napa to Santa Clara for a commando visit it Stitches West. We were only there for an hour or so because we were trying to get to my sister's house at the same time the baby got up from his nap. (Of course, that didn't work because babies have their own timing.) And in classic Nell style, I forgot the camera. So you'll have to make due with pictures of acquisitions only.

Anyway, I made a few quick purchases to show you.

First stop was Blue Moon Fiber Arts where 3 skeins jumped into my hands. (And I got to catch up with the wonderful TapMouse!)

BMFA- STR LW- Valentino

Socks That Rock Lightweight in Valentino.

BMFA- STR MW- Rare Gem

A purply Rare Gem in Mediumweight

BMFA- DeVine- My Blue Heaven

And a skein of De-Vine in My Blue Heaven. I've been ogling this yarn since Stitches last year. And the one thing I really wanted was this delicious skein. The color didn't come out very well in this photo. It's much richer and more saturated in real life.

Off we went to Wabi Sabi

Wabi Sabi Sock

Sock yarn in Peach Berry Smash. I haven't tried their yarn but this is lovely and smooshable.

Finally, Miss Babs' never disappoints. The sheer number of colors this woman dyes is incredible.

Miss Babs Sock- Cleopatra

Sock yarn in Cleopatra. Can't wait to see how this knits up. But for now, I'll just pat the skein.

I'm still knitting around here. Not just collecting yarn. Another cabled raglan for a friend's baby just needs sleeves. And my Central Park Hoodie needs the arms sewn on. They just aren't fitting correctly and have sent to time out.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Ooh, those are pretty. Thanks for introducing me to new dyers and yarn to covet.

9:47 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

What awesome yarny goodness!!!

6:49 AM  
Blogger the Domina said...

*drool*

12:23 PM  
Blogger Marisol said...

Love your yarn choices! Wish I could have met up with you Nell!

4:36 PM  
Blogger (formerly) no-blog-rachel said...

Damn. I'd have loved to meet you! One of these days...

6:33 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm sorry I missed seeing you at Stitches! The perils of being a wanderer amongst the booths instead of being a vendor helper like Tapmouse.

Looks like you had a good time & got some nice stash!

7:40 PM  
Blogger Rocky Moreno said...

Valentino is to die for! Too bad we couldn't of met up 8( Marisol and I met up Friday. Of course, I couldn't resist BMF either 8)

7:10 AM  
Blogger tapmouse said...

Has it really been so long since I got to see you at SW?! So glad we got a chance to catch up! What a crazy busy weekend it was for me-and has been since. Little blogging, lotsof Lil'Emp baseball, work and PTA stuff! Crazy, I tell ya!

5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home