Thursday, February 04, 2010

Seedlings Started

Well, it's raining again today. Sigh... But there is a bright spot I got my seed starting kits going. I got this set from Burpee. Hopefully this gets the garden off to the right start.

Seed Starting

You get little soil pellets in a tray. Just add water and... poof!

Pellets Expanded

Soil!

There are tons of herbs and a few veggies in there.

Seeling Map

Had to make a map of what's where.

The coolest part of this system is that it's self watering.

Lots of Little Plants

You just add water to the bottom tray and a special fabric layer draws water up to the bottom if the individual pots. Perfect for me since I ALWAYS forget to water indoor plants.

Popped on the top for an instant greenhouse.

Seed Starting Greenhouse

Now I just have to wait for the little plants to start sprouting!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Drea said...

Oh no...now I want to start gardening. That looks so cool I can't wait to see how the seedlings turn out!

11:17 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

Willow and I did this last year - it worked really well.

5:35 AM  
Blogger Montreal Mama said...

I can't start my seeds until March or so... or they'll die inside before it's time for them to go outside. I'm also starting to think about what I want to do though!!

7:48 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

What a great kit, I may need to think about one of those!

8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home