Saturday, August 08, 2009

An FO for the little ones

This year, there are no less than 15 babies being born to people I love. It's quite clearly out of control. And I just can't knit that fast. However, there are some babies whose moms have been through so much with me, I can't deny them the handknits.

The Cabled Raglan Baby Sweater may be one of my new baby favorites.

Baby Cabled Raglan Cardigan

Pattern: Cabled Raglan Baby Sweater- Rav
Needles: Knit Picks Options US 4
Yarn: Knit Picks Simply Cotton Sport- Malted Milk
Date Started: 6/17/09
Date Finished: 7/25/9
Mods: I did not use any closure on this sweater. No buttons. No snaps. I think it'll be cute to just let it be open and it'll be easy to throw this on over any outfit.

The organic cotton was wonderful to work with. And I'm always impressed that Knit Picks can offer such quality at such a low price.

Labels:

13 Comments:

Blogger jillian said...

That's adorable! I like the idea of just leaving it open, it looks great. A perfect quick and beautiful baby handknit. 15 babies?? Wow - better get to knitting :)

7:26 AM  
Blogger Montreal Mama said...

Oh, that's so cute and tiny! I love it.

Wow, 15 babies is a lot of babies! Hope you're a speedy knitter!

1:43 PM  
Blogger Lovs2Knit said...

It's adorable. I can't resist cables and I love little baby/toddler cardis that have cables. Leaving it button and snap free is good. I rarely ever buttoned or snapped my kiddos cardis.

4:59 PM  
Blogger kathy b said...

Nell

So glad you posted this adorable cable sweater. Im with you, no closure needed! Great to hear the knit picks works really well.

15 babies. That's a lot of lovin in the world ! Wahoo

6:53 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

Gorgeous! I love how the cable makes the bottom edge sit.
That grill is massive in the last post!

8:53 AM  
Blogger Octopus Knits said...

So cute! I love your yarn choice, too :)

3:53 PM  
Blogger the Domina said...

I just used that yarn for a baby sweater too - loved it. Yours looks great!

15 pairs of baby socks wouldn't take too long...

7:53 PM  
Blogger weezalana said...

Very cute! I have that pattern somewhere on my computer, will definitely need to try it!

11:39 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

That is just adorable. I really like it in the natural color. Lucky baby!

9:11 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

That's beautiful! Simple, elegant, clean lines, but I can just see it on a cute little baby... perfect as is, no need to add anything.

1:43 PM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

Beautiful handknit....almost makes me want another baby, but wait, um, no thank you!
Where did you get the pattern, Nell?

8:54 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Oh, that's so cute! I want to try both the pattern and the KP yarn. I love that KP has an organic option now.

7:23 AM  
Blogger Jenny Girl said...

Perfect timing! My girlfrined just found out she is having twins! Two boys. Gotta make her two somethings and this is perfect.

3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home