Friday, June 12, 2009

A Pair of FO's

I've been remiss in showing you my knitting progress. There have been lots of opportunities to knit lately. And deadlines (such as births) have passed. So I can show you a couple of things...

Jenny Wren Socks- FO

Pattern: Jenny Wren Socks
Yarn: Noro Kureyon Sock S188 from The Loopy Ewe
Needles: KP 2.5mm, magic loop
Date Started: 1/1/09
Date Finished: 5/29/09
Mods: None. But I sure am glad these blocked out nicely. And the yarn really softened up.

And yes, I finally bought sock blockers. I heart them.

Here's a close up of the cable details

Jenny Wren Socks- Detail

Also, Driesy got a sweater. Even though it's going to get warm here in the next week or two. It's still cool at night. And no nephew of mine will be without a handknit sweater to keep him toasty!

Baby Yours- FO

Pattern: Baby Yours by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee from Blue Moon Fiber Arts
Yarn: Koigu KPPM P418 from Purl Soho in NYC
Needles: KP 3.5mm
Date Started: 4/12/09
Date Finished: 6/1/09
Mods: None. But I wish this wasn't seemed. What a pain!

Baby Yours- Buttons

What I really love is the button. Cute but matching the cable motif. Now I only need a pic of Dries in it. Ahem, Sally!

Labels: ,

13 Comments:

Blogger weezalana said...

Nicely done on the socks (dude, those are tall!) and what a beautiful baby sweater!

10:09 AM  
Blogger Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

I love the socks and the colorway and pattern for the baby sweater is so cool:)Hugs Darcy

10:09 AM  
Blogger Thea said...

both beautiful!

10:57 AM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

I need to subscribe to your blog feed, because I kept thinking - I wish Nell would post....and you've been posting for awhile! Good for you on the garden, nephew, and new FO's! :) Glad you are back in the blogosphere!

6:06 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

Beautiful socks, and I love the little jacket! Sometimes, a beautiful button is all it takes to make a project perfect. Nicely done.

4:11 AM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

So glad to hear the Noro softens up! They are quite gorgeous!

And the baby sweater...too sweet!

10:17 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

The little sweater is lovely, the colour great. Well done on the socks too.

11:24 AM  
Blogger kathy b said...

BABY is really lovely. Great sweater knitting. the socks are a fun fun colorway too! glad you posted Nell!

6:04 PM  
Blogger Montreal Mama said...

Two great Fo's!

Love the baby sweater!

How is the Noro Sock yarn? Scratchy to wear?

8:43 PM  
Blogger tapmouse said...

LOVE them socks! And I am now reminded that I want to make a Baby Yours. I've done two Baby Mines, but right now there are no boy babies on the way and plenty of other 'on hold' knitting to work on!

4:52 PM  
Blogger Rocky Moreno said...

That sweater is cute.

7:12 AM  
Blogger a friend to knit with said...

i ADORE those socks!!!

and the baby sweater is darling.

3:30 AM  
Anonymous Alyssa said...

I love that baby sweater! I would love to make one for my son like that (although seaming holds me back just for a sec!) Is the pattern from a book? I'm kinda new at knitting and don't know all the books / mags names yet. :/

9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home