Thursday, June 11, 2009

The Garden, She's a Growin'

Remember how the garden looked just 3 weeks ago?

Veggie Garden

Well, check it out...

Garden- Growing

Yup... There might even be tomatoes this year.

Garden- Lemon Buds

I'm promised by the woman at the nursery that these will become these...

Garden- Lemon

Patience. She said it'll be a year before they are ready. And here I thought they had all died.

In the meantime, the jasmine blooms

Garden- Jasmine

as do the roses

Garden- Pinky Rose

And, finally, the hydrangea

Garden- Hydrangea

Patience. Not the best of my virtues.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

Ha! I was looking at that third picture and thinking to myself, "Nell, I'm not sure how much gardening you have done, but that ain't a tomato!" Next time read all the captions, Jo!

5:06 AM  
Blogger chemgrrl said...

Those tomatoes are looking good. Are they heirlooms? Because if they are, they're going to get a lot taller than that! The cages I use for my heirlooms are actually taller than I am. I'm only 5'2", so that's not really saying much. But still. They get big.

You might want to top them; that is, snip off the tops where they grow from. That makes them produce more fruit. I am jealous of your jasmine! Love it, but of course it won't grow in S. Indiana.

6:21 AM  
Anonymous Diana said...

Your tomatoes look amazing! mine look about like the 'before' photo :-)

8:00 AM  
Blogger Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

Lovely garden love the photos.Hugs Darcy

9:09 AM  
Blogger Marisol said...

What a lovely garden yo have going there! Excellent!

1:31 PM  
Blogger Thea said...

The garden looks amazing! I wish I lived somewhere warm and could grow lemons! Great job,

4:41 AM  
Blogger Montreal Mama said...

What kind of tomatoes did you plant?

Garden is looking good!

Those lemons and limes are pretty neat! I dont think I could grow those here in our climat. Hmm!

9:10 PM  
Blogger Rocky Moreno said...

Your garden looks great!

7:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home