Friday, May 29, 2009

The Office

I have a glorious week off from work. I was supposed to go to my 10 year college reunion. But most of my closest friends decided not to or they just had a baby. So the prospect of flying cross country, renting a car, and not seeing all the people I really wanted to made the trip not so feasible. However, I had already asked for the time of from work. A week that will now be devoted to home improvement. WooHoo!!! You know sometimes there are projects that linger because you want to be sure you have a couple days in a row to work on them. And a day after to recover. I'm taking full advantage.

First up... Finish painting my office. I had the color up on the walls for a few weeks. But I needed to do the trim and the ceiling.

Before...

Nell's Office

After...

Nell's Office- Desk

The terrible curtains with the brass rods are gone. And there's color!!!

Nell's Office- Need a bigger bookshelf

Clearly, I need a bigger bookcase. Especially since most of my books are still in boxes in the garage! Maybe I should destash books. Hmmm....

Nell's Office- Empty Corner

This empty corner is just begging for a big comfy knitting chair. It's going to be a couple more paychecks before I can make it happen though.

I love the color. It's Halcyon Green from Sherwin Williams. Sometimes it looks more blue. Sometimes it looks more green. But it always reminds me of beach glass.

Notice I didn't show you the closet. It's a mess. But my whole stash is in there. I'm just trying to figure out the best way to organize it. So for now, no closet shots.

And it wouldn't be home improvement without some sort of injury.

Nell's Shin

This is Nell's shin vs. the ladder. Proof that once again I am very clumsy and very pale.

Labels:

16 Comments:

Blogger Lovs2Knit said...

It's amazing what a little paint can do for a room. A bigger book shelf is in order!

4:09 PM  
Blogger peaknits said...

That paint looks great! We are just wrapping up our week of landscaping - it feels good to have accomplished so much - and we did not kill each other:)

5:21 PM  
Blogger peaknits said...

btw - is that 10 years from highschool?? college? I feel so old - 20 years from hs this summer:)

5:22 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

Your office is beautiful - I love the colour.

And I am feeling just the slightest bit embarrassed that we have lived here for 2.5 years and haven't painted anything yet...

6:15 PM  
Blogger (formerly) no-blog-rachel said...

And long legged!

Pretty color - and a major improvement.

6:26 PM  
Blogger Thea said...

the office looks lovely -- and the color is great! Can't wait to see the stash all organized....

7:12 PM  
Blogger Montreal Mama said...

Great color for your office! I love books way too much to destash ever, I'd say get a bigger bookshelf!

9:23 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

That is an amazing color...love it and it soooo looks like beach glass! Whenever I have to mess with a ladder my shins are covered in bruises not even from hurting myself but from leaning against the ladder so much when painting. I bruise so easily! My 20 yr reunion is this summer....ug sure don't feel that long ago! I'm gonna need a walker soon! ha ha

6:41 AM  
Blogger weezalana said...

It looks great! Oh yeah, that is definitely a knitting chair corner!

10:13 AM  
Blogger Marisol said...

Love your office! Love the blue and the serenity that eminates from there:)

Be careful:)

4:42 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

What a huge difference a coat of color makes! I love the blue you picked, and you're right, that corner positively screams for a comfy chair. If you get a big book shelf and put the little one right next to your comfy chair, you can keep knitting books and such in it.

And I hear you on the bruises and pallor... My shins had an encounter with metal on the playground when we took our friends' daughter... goes to show that 30-something year old librarians aren't meant to let out their inner kid in that particular manner.

1:44 PM  
Blogger Rocky Moreno said...

What a difference the green makes! So pretty.

7:31 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

That looks lovely, sometimes you just have to take time off to do stuff. We would need about a year off to sort our to dos out!!

11:43 PM  
Anonymous tiennie said...

It looks fantastic!!!

3:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Catching up on blogs again....I've been so out of the loop.

Love the color of your office. Soooo pretty.

Stacey @toomanyscarves

11:50 PM  
Blogger Jenny Girl said...

LOVE the color of the office. We have been looking at greens for our living room. Great job and sorry about the injury. Don't feel bad I would have done the same thing. I am an A #1 clutz :)

1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home