Monday, March 30, 2009

Bye, Bye #434

As Mark Twain famously said, "Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated." Holy Cow! We moved in to a house that really didn't need any work. And I can't believe how much work that has been!!! It all started on March 6 when the movers came. OK, really it started well before that. Here it all is in pictures.

We started packing up all our stuff from the old apartment. Now, our old place was 730 sq ft. Not big for a 1 bedroom. How on earth do we have so much stuff???? (stash not withstanding!)

Move- Packing

I'm a little type A. And this kind of chaos really had me on edge.

Move- Last Look Kitchen

Finally, moving day came. Thank GOD for movers!!!! Seriously. It would have taken Brian and I all day to load the truck from our 3rd story apartment. The movers knocked it out in an hour and a half.

Move- The Van

Most things made it into the truck.

Move- Bye Bye Brown Chair

But lots of stuff didn't. Bye, bye ugly (but comfy) brown lazy boy. In our new house, we literally had our bed, the two bar stools that came with the house and my desk. That's it. It's hilarious not to have any furniture. People want to come visit and I tell them to BYOC. Bring your own chair.

Move- Angry Eva and Gross Carpet

So far, the cats were NOT happy. Their reactions really show their personalities. Eva was pissed. In fact, she continued to hiss at Milo for the next couple of weeks.

Move- Freaked out Milo

And Milo was really freaked out.

Move- All our stuff in 1 stall

How sad is it that ALL the stuff from our old apartment literally fits into 1 stall of our new 2 1/2 stall garage. We moved into a 1900 sq ft house. We've been so used to bumping into each other all the time. It freaked us out a little to be talking and not to have the other person able to hear at any time. We kept saying, "where are you???" It's great.

When I went back to the apartment a week or so later to finish cleaning and throwing the little odds and ends away, I was treated to this sight.

Move- Thank Goodness We Left

Awesome! Puke on the walkway. Yeah, I knew we had lots of reasons to move. But this sealed the deal.

Bye, bye #434. It was a great 7 1/2 years.

Move- 434

Labels:

14 Comments:

Blogger Adrienne said...

Congratulations on the move! I agree that having movers is completely awesome. Hopefully the kitties will settle down soon.

6:59 PM  
Blogger Rocky Moreno said...

Congrats on your new place! You cats will get used to it eventually 8)

8:52 PM  
Blogger kimchi said...

Congratulations!!!
it's so cute-- you can see how expressive your cats feel about the move just by looking at those little furry faces! poor guys. i'm sure they'll adjust to it soon and will be staking out their fave. sunny spot to nap in! :o)

10:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep - I'd say the puke sealed the deal. (shudder) Congratulations on your new house!

4:49 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

I hope you are all happy in the new home, the cats made me laugh!

5:07 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

Ick.

I want to see new house pictures!

5:16 AM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Soon you will have the new house with lots of stuff!:) Congrats...so happy for you!

5:34 AM  
Blogger weezalana said...

You never realize how much stuff you have (and what you really can live without) until you have to pack it all up! Congrats on the new place, and the new space!

P.S. For a sec, I thought BYOC meant bring your own cat. ;)

7:21 AM  
Blogger Lovs2Knit said...

Having movers move your stuff is waaaaaay more easier. I've done both kinds of moves and moving it yourself stinks!

The cats will be loving the house once everything is less chaotic. It's so much nicer to have your own place. No more neighbors loud music and pounding on walls. Congrats on the new house!

9:22 AM  
Anonymous Diana said...

Congrats on the move! Its so fun to organize and decorate a new place.

10:01 AM  
Blogger 5elementknitr said...

Hah! At least now, when there's puke on the floor, you'll know with a fair amount of certainty who it's from!

Congrats!

11:39 AM  
Anonymous Stacey said...

I'm so envious...a house! *sigh* I long for a house. All that space!

And the puke? Gotta be nice to move away from that kind of stuff. Were you worried that one of your neighbors would come out while you were snapping that pic?! Ha!

10:35 PM  
Blogger Montreal Mama said...

Goodbye 434! Congrats on your new place. There's always work to be done on a home.. for years to come! We also moved into a place with not much to be done, yet we find things all the time!

9:14 PM  
Blogger Morticcia said...

I feel your joy!

I walked by my home we sold in 2006 shortly after the sale. It was our very first home and I'm a nostalgia hound so I found myself going by the house on my way home from work for a good few months.

Within a week of the sale someone had spray painted graffiti on the sidewalk right in front of the house. I felt bad for the new owners but glad I didn't have to live like that anymore.

6:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home