Monday, February 02, 2009

Goody Goody Leyburns

I was hoping to finish these before January was out. But there were many errands to run on Saturday and finishing was just too low on the list. Yesterday, I went to Lauren's book signing and then home to watch the game. (More on the signing later this week.) At about 8pm last night, I cast off on the second sock. Nothing like a KAL to make me productive!

Goody Goody Leyburns- Done

Pattern: Leyburn Socks by the brilliant Minty
Yarn: STR Lightweight in Goody, Goody
Needles: KP options, circular, size 2.5mm, magic loop
Date Started: January 13, 2009
Date Finished: February 1, 2009
Mods: I cast on 60 stitches and carried that same number through the whole sock. They are a little tight to get on. But once they are on, they are so comfy!

There are lots of other (non-knitting) projects going on around here at the moment. Some of these are making me very nervous. (For the record, I'm not pregnant!) Anyway, blogging and commenting may be sparse this week. We'll see. But if all goes well, there may be big news soon.

Labels:

22 Comments:

Blogger Dawn said...

They're beautiful! Love them!

1:35 PM  
Blogger chemgrrl said...

Mucho pretty.

1:38 PM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

Your leyburns actually make me want to knit that Goody Goody yarn - they are SO beautiful!
Could the new project be a house? :)

2:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They came out great!! You have really inspired me to try this pattern.

4:17 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Ooh, those are pretty. Why are you tempting me to start knitting socks?

Good luck with whatever your big news may be.

4:59 PM  
Blogger Suzy Girl said...

Your Leyburns are so pretty!! I've never gotten my hands on any STR. Your socks have got me thinking I need to rectify that.
And non-knitting projects ....mmm.. here's to all going well!

5:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are so pretty!!!

6:04 PM  
Blogger Bea said...

They are really beautiful.

6:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are lovely!

8:25 PM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

Beautiful socks! Good luck with all the non-knitting stuff!

9:12 PM  
Blogger weezalana said...

Great job on the Leyburns! And I'm sure whatever the big non-knitting projects are, they'll turn out fabulously. :)

11:28 PM  
Blogger ~RaenWa~ said...

I love the pattern & the color great job

12:48 AM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

I love how they turned out in the Goody-Goody. It's definitely food for thought. I had thought it was going to end up a baby surprise jacket, but I love your Leyburns!

4:25 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Lovely, lovely Leyburns! Those turned out to be just beautiful.

6:23 AM  
Blogger Rocky Moreno said...

Those are pretty, it's neat how different Goody Goody looks knitted up. I need to start mines, I've been so back logged with other projects.
What short toe did you use? I was going thru the pattern and Minty just says to use your fave short toe.

8:14 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

those are gorgeous! The colors are great!

9:50 AM  
Blogger Jenny Girl said...

These are adorable! So pretty.

1:36 PM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

Gorgeous!! They turned out great!

And hope all is well with the big news!!

4:47 PM  
Blogger Montreal Mama said...

They look great girl!
Love the color with the pattern!

11:17 AM  
Blogger Morticcia said...

Great pair of socks. What kind of bind off do they use? EZ sewing BO?

11:21 AM  
Blogger ofpinsandneedles said...

I love that you know the (knitting) blogverse so well you pre-empted any overexcited assumptions about your 'big news'. :) Whatever it is, I hope it's making you excited as well as nervous.

I also really love the name of your socks. It reminds me of 'Good goody gumdrops' - and they're certainly pretty enough to be worn by a goody two-shoes!

12:47 PM  
Blogger Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

Your socks are fantastic love the pattern:)Hugs Darcy

8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home