Saturday, January 10, 2009

The Big Winner(s)

Thanks to everyone who guessed projects for my 400th post contest. You all reminded me of the projects I really want to knit. I really didn't think anyone would guess it but someone got it right on the nose...

Congrats Marisol from Purls Just Wanna Have Fun is our big winner!!!!

Jenny Wren Sock- #1

Jenny Wren Socks in Noro Kureyon Sock- Color 188. She even had the color 188 right. Wowza!

I also pulled a number from the random number generator because that's how I roll. #4 is Chemgrrl!!! Send me your addy's and I'll get prize packs out to you two in a couple of days.

Now let's talk about the Noro sock yarn. I LOVE the colors of the yarn. The way it transitions is gorgeous. However, the fiber itself is really rough. I've heard it softens up a lot when washed. I hope that's true. I also broke the yarn a couple of times by tugging it too hard. And it tangles up at times when I pull it from the ball. Having never knit with Noro before (I know!!!), I wasn't prepared for these challenges. We're getting through it together. I think Noro and I will be friends but not BFF.

Have a great weekend! I'm on today and tomorrow which means I have a Monday/Tuesday weekend instead. I have the next three weekends off though. YAY!

Labels:

21 Comments:

Blogger Rocky Moreno said...

I know what you mean about the Noro yarn. I do love the colors but it is a bit funky to knit with. I'm using the Silk garden and it seems not be to consistent and does not very easily. I just got some sock yarn, doesn't feel soft for socks but guess I'll find out like you! 8)The colors for #188 are gorgeous!

1:20 PM  
Blogger kathy b said...

3 weekends off in a row? YOU DESERVE THEM.

Thanks for the warning with the Noro. This injured arm cannot do anything that isn't soft and silky and with some give.

3:22 PM  
Blogger Jenny Girl said...

Congrats to the winners!
The socks are gorgeous. (duh)
Try not to work too hard.

3:49 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Congrats to the winners! Wow, can't believe Marisol even got the color! Love that color!

4:03 PM  
Blogger peaknits said...

Wow, those socks are fabulous!

5:51 PM  
Blogger Lovs2Knit said...

I so love Noro's colors. I have some silk garden sock just itching to be knit up. Your sock is looking great.

6:49 PM  
Blogger chemgrrl said...

Me again?!? I swear, I have half of your stash by now. Not that I'm complaining, mind. Your sock stash is the stuff that dreams are made of.

Do you need my address again, or do you still have it?

6:57 PM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

Gorgeous socks!! I really need to not be scared of my Noro sock yarn and just jump in, knowing all the cons. The colors seem worth it!

9:27 PM  
Blogger Marisol said...

Hurray! I wond---super excited over here:) Grinning from ear to ear--thanks Nell!

9:49 PM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

Everybody's working for the weekend! Hopefully, I'll have Monday off, and the next three weekends like you! :), now, just 23 more hours of call time UGH!!!

Love the sock - I too agree with the Noro sock yarn. Try silk garden - the worsted is nicer than Kureyon. But the colors are just fabulous! I can't resist the colors!

5:42 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

I worry about the breakage factor with Noro - it has happened with almost all of their yarns I have knit with - and I admittedly am a very tight knitter.

6:50 AM  
Blogger Batty said...

Love the socks... but I'll never knit with this stuff again unless it's a shawl. Crocheting is OK. But socks... I couldn't knit for over a month after mine were done because my hands hurt so badly.

7:49 AM  
Blogger Minerva Turkey said...

I absolutely love the look of Noro, but sometimes the process of knitting with it sucks. I have tried Noro sock once and frogged it. I think I should try it again...these are so lovely.

10:18 AM  
Blogger weezalana said...

I've heard though how blechy the Noro sock is to knit with. Which is such a shame, 'cause it's so damn pretty!

10:43 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

I haven't knit with Noro sock yarn but it does look nice!

11:20 PM  
Blogger Morticcia said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

5:47 AM  
Blogger Morticcia said...

Oh, if only I had applied myself I might have won. LOL. Story of my life. Congrats to Marisol!

That sock is fab-yoo-lus, baby.


(I had a spelling error in the first comment which I just couldn't live with!)

5:49 AM  
Blogger Sharon Rose said...

Great colors!

5:55 PM  
Blogger Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

Cograts to the winners and the colors of your sock are very yummy:)Hugs Darcy

9:48 PM  
Blogger Thea said...

wow -- gorgeous socks! Noro is a little funky every time I work with it, but the colors are always so beautiful and no other yarn has that kind of rustic thing going on AND the amazing colors, maybe that's why we all keep coming back for more.....

4:43 AM  
Blogger tapmouse said...

Awesome pattern! Awesome colors!

10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home