Sunday, January 04, 2009

The 400

This is my 400th post. Can you believe it?!?!??! Who knew I had that much to say!!

It's about time for a contest, dontcha think? Yeah, I think so too. On January 1, I really wanted to cast on something new. Can you guess what it is?
1. Guess the yarn
2. Guess the pattern
Here's a hint... I blogged about this yarn and this pattern together at some point.
If anyone gets both right, they will get a prize. If there are more than 1, I'll pull a number.
If anyone gets one of the two right, I'll pull a number out of these people too.
If no one guesses right, we'll still pull a winner.
Sound good?
Edited to add... Deadline is Friday at midnight Pacific time.

In the mean time, I cast on for the Leyburn KAL on the Ravelry page. I'm knitting them in STR lightweight- Goody, Goody. This is the coolest KAL. Everyone is doing the same pattern but in a different color. Fun, huh?

Brian and I went out Saturday night to Houston's in San Francisco. Yum! I absolutely LOVE the grilled artichoke appetizer. It's amazing.

Houston's Grilled Artichoke

Notice we couldn't wait to dig in! I had ribs for dinner

Houston's Hot Fudge Sundae

And this was a hot fudge sundae. Yum!!!!

The Embarcadero

We walked down the Embarcadero after dinner to try to work off that dessert. It was so beautiful.

Hope you all had a fantastic weekend!

Labels:

21 Comments:

Blogger B said...

My guess is STR Heavyweight in KMBFLA for Sophie the pink bunny. Such a cute pattern

9:57 PM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend!! 400 posts!! Fabulous!! I know I was initially hooked by all the pretty sock yarn, and I stayed for all the fun projects and you!! Keep it up :)

I'll say Otto in STR Moirae....I may need to knit some of those cute toys soon!

10:49 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Yeah....400 whoo hoo!

I'd say a stuff toy for one of the babies, Shaun the Sheep, a bunny...

or mittens...

5:52 AM  
Blogger chemgrrl said...

Holy crap. 400 posts is a lot. How many of those have featured sock yarn?

Erm. Okay. I am going to guess a baby thing. With some nice yarn. Is that too vague?

6:49 AM  
Blogger 5elementknitr said...

I'm thinking the Baby Mine in Quilla.

mmmmmmmartichokesmmmmmm

7:59 AM  
Blogger Rocky Moreno said...

I've never been to Houston's sounds yummy! Those artichokes look good... YUM!

My hubby and I usually go to the Seafood grill on the Wharf.

10:58 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

My guess is Prism lace weight to make Hanami.

11:20 AM  
Blogger peaknits said...

I'll guess the STR for Baby Yours - I love that pattern and hope to one day have a neice to make one for:) Congrats on all of the posts! Yay!

4:15 PM  
Blogger cbknits80 said...

I'm going ot say Otto in STR Moirae. It's too cute!

5:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll say STR NYAME for the baby yours sweater!

10:45 PM  
Blogger Jenny Girl said...

Congrats on 400! Woo-hoo!
mmmm...hot fudge sundaes, my favorite!
I'll guess STR heavyweight for Elijah.

12:53 PM  
Blogger Morticcia said...

Congratulations on turning 400!

My guess is a sock and yarn combo you mentioned. But I'll have troll some more.

4:25 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

Yay! 400 posts, well done! I think that it is STR yarn and a plain sock!

8:07 AM  
Blogger Sharon Rose said...

I'm guessing your going to start on that flock of sheep, using the gray and black Cascade. :) If not, well, you should! *grin*

12:33 PM  
Blogger Marisol said...

Gosh Man.... I can't believe you are 400 posts! Wow! How time flies... As for the socks I am guessing: Jenny Wren Socks from Knitzi in Noro sock color 188.

Or if you get gutsie you could go for a lovely pair of knee highs in Fearless Fibers - Spellbound:)

7:31 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Congrats on your 400th post! I'm guessing STR Moirae for Otto. He is too cute!

11:41 AM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

Wow - 400 posts - I'm in awe. I've enjoyed them!
It's hard to say what you were eager to cast on for - I remember you blogging about the Purl Buckswing jacket (not quite sure on the spelling of that), but something along those lines.....who knows what yarn.
Of course any of the lovely STR would also be nice....

5:52 AM  
Blogger kathy b said...

I guess Theresa socks in FOG.

Happy 400th post. I love Chicken Knits and I love that you are so popular and still have the time to go to meager my blog.


400 posts is a page a day calendar and more than 30 extra days. Just sayin....

9:30 AM  
Blogger Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

Happy 400th and my guess is :gorgeous purple Prism lace weight that's destined to be a Hanami:)Hugs Darcy

10:42 AM  
Blogger weezalana said...

Darn, I missed the deadline! I'm going to guess anyway, just for fun! :)

Let's see, I would guess the CPH Take 2, but you said something new, so I'm going to say...the Tangled Yoke in Rowan Felted Tweed.

11:11 AM  
Blogger Montreal Mama said...

Shucks! Missed the contest :(

7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home