Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The Night Before, The Night Before

Since my in-laws do everything Christmas on Christmas Eve and I just got home from work, it's still the night before the night before for me. I'm not sure if anyone else has heard this but in college we were always told the important night for sleep was actually NOT the night before the competition but the night before, the night before. I guess that's more fun to say than 2 days before. Anyway...

Things that made me happy on this penultimate night before Christmas Eve. (that's right, penultimate!)

1. The 1984 Coke Commercial that my mom LOVED. Bear with the pre-PC iterations of different ethnic groups. Mostly it just made me smile at my mom's love of this song.



2. Work went really well tonight. I even made the suicidal patient laugh. Score!

3. I was uninjured in a parking lot scuffle at Borders today. Trust me, there was a CRAZY lady in an SUV that looked dangerous. Procrastinators, beware!

4. My Blue Moon barn sale package arrived. (Downside- it's in the apartment office building.)

5. I'm getting a pedi tomorrow. Or that's the plan if I can get motivated in the morning!

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Knitting Kris said...

Love Crossroads, when I get to watch it (we don't have cable - gasp, I know). Lately, we've not had power either, or phone service.
Love your Yarntini, and don't you love it when work goes well? My schedule is horrid for today, and it doesn't look much better for Friday. Thank heavens I'm off Wed/Thur! Merry Christmas!

3:32 AM  
Blogger kathy b said...

Oh a Christmas morning Eve pedicure. How wonderful. I'd pick a real red glitzy color. Like the color of Dorothy's shoes in the Wizard of oz.

7:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy holidays to you!

9:53 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

Have a great christmas! Lin xxx

5:21 AM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

Hope you are having a very happy Christmas!

10:37 AM  
Blogger blog-blethers said...

Hope you're having a wonderful festive season - and may 2009 bring you and yours health and happiness.

Pedicure pampering sounds a fab way to reduce holiday stress:o)

2:08 AM  
Blogger Virtuous said...

I call it Christmas Eve Eve!! ;op

Hope your entire holiday was restful Nell!

& Congrats on your graduation too!!!

6:16 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

I hope you had a GREAT Christmas!!

6:28 AM  
Blogger Montreal Mama said...

Have a fabulously Merry Christmas!

Yey for pedi's!

What's a Blue Moon barn Sale & why didn't I know about it!???!!!

9:52 PM  
Blogger Montreal Mama said...

Oh...! I'm ALL caught up on your blog. I can't believe I just read & commented on 42 posts. (Wow, life has been crazy since Mackenzie's birth!) But now... I vow to stay on top of your posts, and up to date!

Merry Christmas Nell!

9:53 PM  
Blogger Jenny Girl said...

I don't care about the PC thing...that commercial still brings back great memeories. Brings all people together right?

8:04 PM  
Blogger Rocky Moreno said...

I love pedi's! Although I like doing them myself.

8:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home