Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Dragging Ass at the Mall

I'm sick. I have a killa cold which allows me to speak in a Kathleen Turner voice and smell like Halls. I know, supa sexy! But Christmas waits for no cold. (and since I heard yesterday on the radio that the mailing deadline had passed) I really had to start the shopping. I managed to start and finish shopping for and wrapping my family's presents today. All that without killing anyone at the mall. They'll get shipped tomorrow. (for an extra "dawdler's" fee, I'm sure.) Now I just have Brian's family. That's a little easier since it doesn't HAVE to be done THIS SECOND!!!

But since I obviously can't talk about anything I got today, I'll show you pictures of the cookie exchange I went to on Sunday.

Cookie Exchange- Around the Tree

It was organized by some ladies from the Stitch and Bitch I regularly attend. It was just the thing I needed to get into the holiday spirit.

Cookie Exchange- Cookies!

How can anyone be grinchy with all these cookies around?!?!?!

Cookie Exchange- New Friends

And the babies had fun too.

I made these caramel brownies.

Cookie Exchange- Caramel Brownies

This batch is before the top was added. They are gooey and seriously delicious. But SO EASY!!!! Recipe here.

I finished the Baby Mine sweater but it was determined to be too small for the baby born in October. Since there are eleventy million babies coming, it definitely won't do to waste. Just needs buttons, then I can show it off.

15 Comments:

Blogger tapmouse said...

I adore cookie swaps! Only been to one, though...I must admit that my Quilt Group holiday party last week was like a total dessert swap!-lol! There is a certain turle-like recipe I'm sure you'd love that I'll have to share with you. Actually, this is really a trick; you see, one of my quilt group members makes this all the time and has given all of us the recipe but darned if any of the 6 of us who've tried it have been able to get it to come out! And trust me, we are all decent bakers! So I need to see if you can do it!-lol!

10:01 PM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

I think I might have gained a pound looking at those lovelies!
We have a cookie swap today at work. It's been snowing and freezing rain (of course I have the beeper, why do you ask), and someone paged me at 5:00am today, so I'm getting to catch up on blogs early this am! Have a great week!

2:42 AM  
Blogger Heather@Twin Birch said...

I think I gained 5 lbs just staring at those cookies!

Unbelievably, I've never done a swap~ I don't know how that's possible since I'm the mom of four kids... I guess we just keep them for ourselves!:)

good luck with the cold. Kathleen Turner has a very sexy voice, so it's not all bad! Happy Holidays!

5:29 AM  
Blogger Dawn said...

What yummy cookies! How fun!

We're actually getting some snow here in the AV! Jimmy and I have both been out in it...still in pjs too! Wish it would stick though!

Get better girlie! Love ya!

8:33 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

I need one of those yummy looking brownies. Cookies make you better, right? Eat more cookies!

8:55 AM  
Blogger 5elementknitr said...

Yumma! Those brownies look delicious! I also love your new haircut - gorgeous!

I did one cookie exchange. There were 12 of us and we had to make 12 dozen of whatever cookie we were making so everyone went home with 12 dozen different cookies.

It was sheer madness. Especially since it was my mommy group and we all had small babies. (One mom copped out and made those cookie-mix-in-a-jar things. Not cool.)

Feel better soon!

9:04 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love cookie swaps and potlucks. We had one at work a couple weeks ago and I wish we had another.

9:05 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love cookie swaps and potlucks. We had one at work a couple weeks ago and I wish we had another.

9:05 AM  
Blogger Lovs2Knit said...

You're still good if everything is staying in the states and you mail Priority or First Class mail before the 20th. Yesterday was the cut off for Parcel Post.

All of it looks so yummy! Thanks for the recipe link. I know what I'll be making after I go grocery shopping. :)

10:26 AM  
Blogger peaknits said...

I hope you are feeling better! Thank you for sharing the brownies, I wish you could bring some right over:) Happy gift hunting!

2:41 PM  
Blogger weezalana said...

I think I got a cavity just from *looking* at those pictures!

5:05 PM  
Blogger Morticcia said...

We're probably voice twins. I thought for sure my voice was going to be gone by last night, but I'm back to Kathleen Turner again.

Yummy yummy cookies! I feel my waistline expanding just looking at them all!

11:22 AM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

Mmmmmmm....those look delish!!! Looks like such a fun holiday party!

9:52 PM  
Blogger Jenny Girl said...

mmmmm...cookies. I think I just gained a couple of punds by looking at them :)

5:01 PM  
Blogger Montreal Mama said...

The cookie exchange idea sounds neat! I totally have to do that. (THough, I'm starting a diet in 09.... so uh, can't!) LOL.

9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home