Sunday, November 02, 2008

What I Lack is Focus

I have lists and lists and lists running through my head this morning. There are projects I need to get done, projects I have to start, and the projects that are just calling me from all my blog reading. So maybe the best thing to do is sit down and organize...

On the Needles-
1. Super Secret Project (SSP)- Coming along well. It's pretty easy knitting so this is perfect for TV watching.
2. Stripey Sock- #2 still isn't cast on since I got distracted with SSP
3. Kusha Kusha scarf- This has been lingering for FAR too long.

Need to start-
1. My Starbucks and Yarn swap gift. This shouldn't take too long. I'm just procrastinating for some reason.
2. Baby gift for Brian's cousin- The baby was born Oct. 14. So I need to get in gear!

Want to start-
1. Central Park Hoodie, round 2.
2. Hanami- I should probably hold off until Kusha Kusha is done. Incentives work well for me.
3. New socks- I have sock ADD at the moment
4. Stranded Mittens- The big question... Anemoi or Galileo? Or maybe I can score a Fiddlehead kit...
5. Unoriginal hat- This will look great in my first handspun I think.
6. Tangled Yoke- I have the yarn. And it's so pretty!

See what I'm saying?!?!?! I'm all over the place. Now that I have it outlined I think I have a game plan. For today...
1. Starbucks and Yarn gift- I want to get the package out this week. And the project shouldn't take too long.
2. Unoriginal hat- Again, I think maybe I can bust this out today.
3. Decide on the cousin's baby gift pattern and yarn. Just get this one prepped.
4. Knit on SSP as time allows.

Don't remind me that laundry and maybe a shower should be included in this plan!

So I don't leave you pic-less today...

Yarn Pirate- Orange Crush

Yarn Pirate- Orange Crush. Yum!

Labels:

15 Comments:

Blogger Rocky Moreno said...

Oooh! Where did you score that YP yarn? Should I be expecting a shipment from her club? I can't remember.

I'm starting to bargain hunt for worthy yarn for my CPH too, I'm on a budget these days, and I want it get it done this month.

I'll let you know what I end up using. Hopefully I can cast on within the next week or so.

I totally understand about the lists, I have too many TO DOS and not enough time.

Hope you had a good Halloween!

11:33 AM  
Blogger peaknits said...

I lack focus too - I would love to do a Tangle Yoke, and get my Fiddlehead Mittens started - or at least get brave enough to open the box:)

1:04 PM  
Blogger val said...

hey, thanks for the blog visit, and now i know where to find you, too! i have a feeling that you and sara (van order) hemmeke need to find each other again -- she's in love with yarn and knitting, too, and just very crafty in general. they live in virginia now. steve is a pastoring a church there. steve does most of the blogging but occassionaly sara chimes in with crafty goodness... you can find her at www.hemmeke.blogspot.com.

7:20 PM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

I'm constantly making lists too! I have even gone so far as to writing them done....this is all in regards to my knitting. Yet, still, the Christmas knitting hasn't really started?!!? Ugh.

Good luck with your lists :)

11:08 PM  
Blogger ~RaenWa~ said...

I love those mittens they are both pretty. There are so many things I want to knit I have to force myself not to cast on until I finish my current WIP but the more I browse Rav the harder it is. Love the yarn goregous color

11:49 PM  
Blogger Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

I know all about the lists.lol
Need to finish my urchin,and knit a baby hat, and bib, and start knitting christmas gifts.lol Hugs Darcy

2:41 AM  
Blogger Dawn said...

I need to do the list thing too....Love the yarn!

5:40 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

That yarn is absolutely gorgeous!!

7:32 AM  
Blogger 5elementknitr said...

I saw the cutest little kid hat today:
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/thumbkin-hat

It has a little pocket for a friend. You could make the hat and maybe a little friend to go in the pocket?

That's so funny, just the other day, I wrote almost exactly the same post as you did! Must be some restless mojo in the air.

9:21 AM  
Blogger Marisol said...

Hurray for new projects and holiday knits! Bring em on! Gosh I have to get started myself so that I don't stress myself in Dec. I'm almost there w/my february lady!

9:56 AM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

Oh, I feel so much better when I read your posts about lists and what's on the needles. Thank you for that! It makes me feel less crazy.
I love that YP - did you get it at the latest update? I got two skeins (YIKES), and they were Denim and some other pink/purple color in merino/tencel. Was thinking of scarf for mom for Christmas.

3:19 PM  
Blogger KnittingMoose said...

A couple of your To Do's match mine... I too want to make Anemoi and Hanami! I really want to do those mittens this year. I got pink and white yarn for mine, what colors are you thinking?

5:22 AM  
Blogger Jenny Girl said...

Don't feel bad. WE all get a little scatterbrained form time to time. I would recommend a list, and maybe setting some deadlines. Plan are good too, like tuesdays for the baby gift, wednesdays for socks. Or one project for the week to make some head way.
Take a deep breath :)

12:09 PM  
Blogger kathy b said...

making a list with your fellow bloggers usually helps! I want to look at the hat for your handspun, next.

12:33 PM  
Blogger Montreal Mama said...

I like that Orange Crush, and I'm picky on yellows/oranges!

I am a list maker too. That's quite the list you've got going on there. My knitting list is on a chalk board in my office. I love it.

9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home