Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving

This year for the holiday we went to my brother-in-law's house. It's a beautiful home and we had a great time.

But first, I spent the morning cooking by butt off! I made mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, corn bread, artichoke dip, goat cheese and fig spread, and sweet and spicy nuts. Check out my nuts!

Sweet and Spicy Nuts

Yum! While they baked, Brian and I made lots of comments about how good my nuts smelled. Yes, we are 5 years old.

There was a small setback.

Ouch!

Ouch! I burned my knuckle taking the nuts out of the oven.

Thanksgiving Centerpieces

Custom made centerpieces

Thanksgiving 2008

Dinner is served

Thanksgiving- Nell and Syd

My brother-in-law's girlfriend has two adorable kids. Sydney finally warmed up to me. I just think she likes my crazy red hair!

Thankgiving 08- Grubbin'

That's Brian's grandma in the foreground and Brian on the left. I should have taken more pictures but we were having so much fun talking and laughing that I kept forgetting to snap pictures.

I really feel like the holiday season is getting started now. Check out these adorable stitch markers!

15 Comments:

Blogger ~RaenWa~ said...

I am glad your nuts were a hit lol. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun hope the burn heals soon

12:22 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

Ouch! Got a recipe for those nuts? I think Willow made that same centerpiece in her first grade class.

4:38 AM  
Blogger Dawn said...

I always burn myself! That or cut myself! Gotta keep sharp hot things from me! Glad you had great time! hugs

6:15 AM  
Blogger KarenS said...

Your nuts look good ;-) Sorry about the kitchen injury. I'm always burning my hands taking things out of the oven. The racks seem to have a hidden attraction to my knuckles!

6:18 AM  
Blogger peaknits said...

Nice nuts! (I feel like I should be watching Beavis and Butthead, huh, huh, huh I. said. nuts.) Anyways - great party! I love turkey day!

6:35 AM  
Blogger Montreal Mama said...

Is your red hair natural?
I LOVE IT!

Looks like you had a great thanksgiving!

9:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHOA...check OUT THOSE NUTS!

i bet your nuts did smell AWESOME.

bwahahahaha

i should look for such a nut concoction!! so nat & i can make 4 thousand 1st grade nut jokes too

10:24 AM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

Nice nuts is right!! hehehhee Looks like you guys had a wonderful Thanksgiving!! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

10:59 AM  
Blogger Jenny Girl said...

From one 5 year old to another...I love me some sweet and salty nuts.
Family dinners make you crazy during prep, but are so worth the effort. Glad everyone had a good time.
And I mentioned your link on the snoman contest ;)

3:53 PM  
Blogger (formerly) no-blog-rachel said...

Nice pictures! And I can only imagine the hits you're going to get when someone Googles 'check out my nuts!'

4:29 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I hope the burn doesn't hurt too much! I love the centerpieces and those are some nice looking nuts.

4:37 PM  
Blogger tapmouse said...

Your spiced nuts look yummy and you need to post the recipe!

12:07 AM  
Blogger Rocky Moreno said...

Nuts look good, but I'm a weenie when it comes to spicy foods 8(

7:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those nuts sure look mighty tasty:) Where did you get the recipe from? I would like to make some of my very own! Oh and I totally feel your pain about the burns from baking, I have a very "good" one from pumpkin pie, etc..

6:25 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Owie ~ those must have been some hot nuts! LOL. I totally burn myself all of the time, so I get it. I have tiny burn scars all over my hands! Glad you had such a nice Thanksgiving.

6:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home