Saturday, November 08, 2008

Coffee and Yarn

I entered the Starbucks and Yarn swap on Ravelry. It's been a while since I've had the time or willingness to swap. And it felt good to be involved in the knitting community again.

Yesterday, I had a good day at work until the very last hour. Then a small thing became a big thing. And I left in tears. Really the whole thing was kind of silly (ie. no one died or even got hurt). But I've been feeling nitpicked from my new preceptor and last night pushed me over the edge. So what could be better than coming home to my swap package on my doorstep!

Starbucks and Yarn Swap Box

I went to school back East. So I have a very nostalgic feeling anytime something is from Boston.

Starbucks and Yarn Swap Inside

Of course, I opened the box last night. But I carefully repacked it for the photo shoot this morning.

Starbucks and Yarn Swap Contents

Fair Trade Coffee, a handknit cup cozy, a Boston mug, Regia yarn, and (my favorite) Hot Tamales. What a great package!

Regia Banner Color- 5450

Regia yarn in perfect colors for the weather lately.

Cup Cozy

Cup Cozy knit in Sea Wool. This makes me want to cast on sea wool right now! The fabric is so nice that I'm currently wearing it as a wrist warmer!

Thanks, Lisa!!!! You really made my day better.

Labels:

14 Comments:

Blogger Dawn said...

What a great package! Its so nice to come home to a surprise when you've had a bummer day! MMMM hot tamales! hugs

1:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the colors of that Sea Wool! Great package!

1:56 PM  
Blogger Bea said...

I'm so glad you day brightened after that last bit at work. I love Hot Tamales. Yum.

4:19 PM  
Blogger NatRed2 said...

Great ending to a crappy day! Don't you love with the mailman brings us prezzies??

5:19 PM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

What a fabulous package! So thoughtful!

Of course, just having gotten our butts kicked by Boston College, I have no love for Boston right this second. Maybe tomorrow :)

8:23 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

That sounds like the perfect timing for the great package!

3:45 AM  
Blogger weezalana said...

What a great package! And with such excellent timing - glad you had a something to pick you up after a crappy day!

11:26 AM  
Blogger Virtuous said...

You know those litle boxes of care just really make the difference, no matter what do you have!!

I hope this week is so much better for you Nell!! Stay positive and strong!

12:17 PM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

What a nice package!
I absolutely hate preceptors who, IMHO, probably shouldn't be preceptors if they need to make new nurses feel like crap - YUCK!
I'm sorry. Not all nurses are like that. You'll turn out just fine, and a better nurse than said preceptor. I've gone home many days in tears, and it does get better. Truly.

1:26 PM  
Blogger Marisol said...

What a Super Package! Isn't Boston a great city!

6:46 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

What a fun swap!

12:33 AM  
Blogger jopal said...

Had to laugh when I read you were using the cup cpzie as a wristwarmer - my granddaughters thought that was what the ones you sent me were! They were wearing them around the house this afternoon and I had to convince them to give them back!

3:46 AM  
Blogger Jenny Girl said...

Sorry you had a crappy day, but at least the package made you feel better. Enjoy your coffee!

6:17 PM  
Blogger Montreal Mama said...

Great package!!!

MMm Hot Tamales! havent had those in ages!

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home