Saturday, November 01, 2008

Another Timesuck of Massive Proportion

Brian and I have lived in this little crappy apartment for more than 7 years. It's nice enough but it's very small. And we don't really love the town we live in. So, after a LOT of indecision, we have decided to jump into the housing market. It seems like a good time to buy. Yesterday, we went month to month instead of signing a new lease. And I spent a good portion of today online looking at houses. Have you heard of zillow? OMG! You can see what they think the house is worth, what it last sold for, and what houses around it sold for. It's the best! You can start to see which houses are overpriced and where bargains might be. Check it out!

Thank you for the comments on the last post. Some of you were with me and some were against but all were pretty well thought out and passionate. At the very least, people are really getting involved this election. What could be better than that?

Milo

Milo says, "Phew! Made it through another Halloween!"

Labels:

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

p.s. sorry i got extra um, overly motiviated? in that last comment. I wasn't trying to start a fight in the comments.

3:15 AM  
Blogger Bea said...

Ozzy's Twin!!!

I think its an excellent time to be looking into buying houses. I hope you guys find exactly the one that you want.

4:33 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

Good luck! It took us 8 months from going month-to-month on our lease to settling on our house - I hope it doesn't take that long for you!

6:48 AM  
Blogger weezalana said...

Congrats on jumping into the housing market! When you walk into the right place, you'll just know. :)

11:14 AM  
Blogger Dawn said...

What a sweet kitty! Good luck in the house search!

5:39 AM  
Blogger Jenny Girl said...

good luck house hunting. They all seem to run together after a while, so you may want to take notes.

12:05 PM  
Blogger Montreal Mama said...

Good luck with the house hunting.

We moved into our house a year ago November. (the 17th to be exact, LOL). Anyhow, basically, in October 07, one day, I just happened to be surfing MLS.com (not sure if that's American too - but it's the Canadian house listing site). Anyhow, I saw a house I liked. Had to see it.

Made an appointment to see it, with 2 other houses in the area, but new I wanted that house.

Needles to say, came home and told my husband we're moving and put an offer on the house. Not even 2 weeks later, we owned the house. 2 weeks after that we moved into this house, and 2 weeks after that we signed the papers to sell our duplex. Sean was 11 months old, and Mack was in my belly.

I'll never do that again!

9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home