Thursday, November 27, 2008

Abbondanza

Abbondanza- It's one of my favorite words. And I'm lucky enough to have experienced it in my life. Abundance is something that we tend to overlook because it seems like everyday life. This year the news has been all about foreclosures, economic crisis, and war. But today I choose to focus on the abundance of love I am so lucky to have in my life.

Here are a few things (among countless more) that I am thankful for this year.

1. My husband, Brian, who believes in me when I don't believe in myself. And who truly supports me "for better or worse." Without him, I would not have gone back to school nor would I have the courage to really be myself every day. We have our moments but I'm so glad I get to spend my life with someone who is always on my side.

2. My family. They are crazy but I love them! And my in-laws have always accepted me as part of their family. And I'm very grateful that I don't have to "earn" their love.

3. The amazing number of babies coming into my life. I have around 10 babies being born this year to people I love. There can't be a bigger blessing in life than children. Although watching the people you love become parents is pretty amazing too. (at least until they are teenagers!)

4. Friends who understand where I've been and where I am. My high school and college friends who have seen me change over the years. My nursing school friends who have helped me grow into a new career. And blog friends who are supportive, caring, and understanding of my current addictions. (yarn!)

5. My job. The last company I worked for recently declared bankruptcy and is in the process of closing their doors. I'm very lucky to have made the career change when I did. I see it as a sign that I made the right decisions for me and my family. The new job isn't perfect. But I learn something new everyday. That is a blessing in itself.

6. I hate our apartment. But as long as my want list is, I have every single thing that I need. My head is dry. My toes are warm. And there will be much feasting and love today. Anyone who has all this truly lives a life of abundance.

I hope you too have abbondanza in your life. And that you realize even the littlest blessings can be and should be appreciated.

Happy Thanksgiving!

11 Comments:

Blogger Megan said...

Happy thanksgiving!

11:06 AM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Happy Thanksgiving!
Love and hugs!

11:41 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

Happy thanksgiving to you. x

12:37 PM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

Well said, indeed!
So much to be thankful for! I worked yesterday (and Wednesday night), but I got home early enough to share a supper with my in-laws. It was SO enjoyable and delicious! I even knit on my current scarf and snuggled with my kids and hubby. I'm blessed indeed!

8:27 AM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!! And I agree, we need to remember the many blessings that we have!

2:21 PM  
Blogger (formerly) no-blog-rachel said...

What a nice post! Thanks for that and happy Thanksgiving!

3:12 PM  
Blogger Bea said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

6:13 PM  
Blogger ofpinsandneedles said...

Lovely post.

9:00 AM  
Blogger Jenny Girl said...

A very beautiful and thankful post indeed. It's important to count your blessings every now and then. It's a shame more people don't.
Hope you had a good Day and weekend :)

3:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Belated Happy Thanksgiving, Nell! What a lovely post.

11:28 PM  
Blogger Montreal Mama said...

Great list!

Happy belated Thanksgiving.

9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home