Saturday, October 11, 2008

Three Day Weekend

This week I happen to have Friday, Saturday, and Sunday off. It's so nice. Brian had yesterday off too. So we went to San Francisco for lunch. There's a little street called Belden Alley that has nothing but great restaurants on it. They all have outdoor seating and there are white lights strung across the alley so it's very romantic and lovely. We chose Belden Taverna since we hadn't been there before. Yum! I had Chipotle Pappardelle pasta. Brian had Halibut. It was such an indulgence to have a bottle of wine and sit outside in the San Francisco sunshine.

I've also had some time to knit on my Socktober socks.

Stripey Socks So Far

They're coming out really neat. I turned the heel on the first one yesterday. Maybe I can finish it up this weekend but we'll see. There's a birthday party and a 49er game to go to in the next couple of days.

Hope you're having a great weekend too!

11 Comments:

Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

The sock is gorgeous! Love the colors!

I love all the restaurants on Belden Alley and how they are just tucked away :) Hope you are enjoying your 3 day weekend!

12:13 AM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

I had a 3-day weekend too, but by accident - everyone cancelled home visits for Friday!
Those socks will be great and cheerful to wear in wintertime, when it's so gray outside....but maybe it's not so gray in CA?

3:53 AM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Love the bright socks! So glad you are having a three day weekend, enjoy and relax!:)

5:05 AM  
Blogger Jenny Girl said...

Those socks will certainly cheer you up when needed.
I took Monday off too. Great minds think alike. Have fun at the game and enjoy the extra day off. Go 49ers!
(I hate the Eagles and live in Philly. Colts fan myself)

3:10 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

I absolutely adore the colors on those socks! So cheerful!

We had a nice little dinner experience this weekend, too, but with a pitcher of sangria in the unseasonably warm October weather here in NY.

7:49 AM  
Blogger Rocky Moreno said...

I have a 3 day too! But my day off is today 8) because of Columbus day!

My hubby and I are going to SF next weekend to have dinner, can't wait!

8:27 AM  
Blogger kathy b said...

Fun sock colors. You go! Loved the cutey pie picture of your hubby early in his life.
Your declutter plan into october sounds so admirable!
I too may have to scrounge up some couch cushion cash for the book sale at Knitpicks. OR leave big hints for Holdiay gifts around the house this week. Hmmmm, that sounds best. No guilt for me!
NO need to return to me with a message, now or ever! I just like to leave comments. :)

12:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the colours on that sock!

3:01 PM  
Blogger Rocky Moreno said...

Hello,
I nominated your blog for a blog award 8)

9:14 PM  
Blogger tapmouse said...

This is the yarn you dyed at the workshop, isn't it? It is turning out AWESOME!

11:54 PM  
Blogger Montreal Mama said...

Love the way the socks are turning out. Once again, GREAT colors.

I can't remember the last time hubby and I sat out on a terrace watching people walk by and drinking wine. (or no wine). Maybe when my kids are old enough to stay home alone we can do that type of thing again! LOL

9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home