Sunday, October 05, 2008

Recovery

Don't take the title the wrong way, I haven't checked myself into Hazelton or Promises, Malibu just yet. The fact is I still haven't completely gotten used to getting up at 5:30 am for work. Throw my Dad and going out to wonderful dinners all week and I've literally been recovering all weekend. I've slept at least 8 hours each night AND napped for 2-3 hours a day. Trust me, I could sleep even more but I realize it's getting ridiculous! I love having my Dad here but it really wipes me out!

It took me all day yesterday to catch up on blogs and comments. Today I have been reading and doing laundry. My life is so exciting!

Besides, I had the third book of the Twilight series, Eclipse, to keep me awake. It's just as good as the first one. Love it! Just finished this evening. And it's all I can do to not dive into the 4th one this minute. That will have to wait as I have a case study to present for work tomorrow.

I apologize for the ridiculously boring post. Good thing I have a pretty yarn picture to balance it out.

Zen Yarn Garden- Adriatico

Zen Yarn Garden Squooshy Sock Yarn- Adriatico

I won a contest celebrating her 4th blogaversary over at NotScarlett's Blog. The colors are so soft and lovely. And the yarn itself is super squishable! Thanks so much, NotScarlett!!!!

OK- I'm pretty sure I can't delay the inevitable work any longer.

Labels:

13 Comments:

Blogger tapmouse said...

Lovely yarn and color, I'd say!

12:59 AM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

I love that yarn color!
Isn't it grand getting up at 5:30 am or earlier? I'm getting up today at 5:15am because I have a conference at 8:30 am an hour and a half away. I had the beeper all weekend. I'm hoping I can stay awake for the training!
But tomorrow - my day off work again! YUM!
PS - Just open that 4th book, you know you want to!

2:26 AM  
Blogger sharon said...

oh so pretty.
I recieved free yarn this weekend too - my parents broughe me some Regia back from Holland.

9:35 AM  
Blogger Lovs2Knit said...

Yummy yarn! I love ZYG's Squooshy sock yarn. I sooooo need to buy the Twilight series books.

11:44 AM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

Ugh to getting up that early! Whenever I have those early morning meetings it just sets me back in the sleep department!! Hope this week gets a bit easier.

Gorgeous yarn too!

3:11 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Such yummy yarn! Get some rest chica!:) Take care of yourself!

7:15 AM  
Blogger Jenny Girl said...

Just pet the yarn. It will make you feel better.
I am so not a morning person either, so I completely feel your pain.
I just started the 4th book, yesterday. I was on the subway. I was sitting there reading and grinning. Oh...that's why nobody would sit next to me.
Get some sleep girly! It keeps you young.

12:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That *is* some gorgeous yarn...my girl Sarah has some good taste ;) Love that girl.

And didn't you just love Eclipse? I think it's my second fave in the series. I mean, come on. She finally says "yes". Man, if she didn't take him up on his offer, I was going to track him down and take him up on it. Hee. I just started (aain) Breaking Dawn the other day.

I know, I am obsessed.

12:37 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Nice yarn!

I think because of you I finally got the first Twilight book. Am looking forward to reading it as soon as I finish a couple projects.

BTW, I gave you an award on my blog.

1:17 PM  
Blogger Rocky Moreno said...

Well... being in the Starbuckies swap, you'll sure get some good caffeine goodies to help perk yah up 8)

9:17 PM  
Blogger Morticcia said...

Changing ones daily schedule is tough. Every six months the hubster and I change up our dog walking schedule (I do mornings in the warm months and afternoons in the cool months) and it usually takes a few weeks to work out the kinks.

Lucky you with that luscious yarn!

6:27 AM  
Blogger Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

My oldest daughter has read all the twilight books she said she would loan them to her old ma;)Love the colorway of the yarn you are truly blessed:)Hugs Darcy

10:33 PM  
Blogger Montreal Mama said...

That yarn is gorgeous. I love Zen. My signature colorway that I have in stock is Squoosh yarn by Zen. (The colorway is called Robyn's Gold - named after me! HEE HEE!) It's so super soft.

9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home