Saturday, October 18, 2008

My First Football Game

Last Sunday, my nursing friend Tiffany invited me to the 49er game. I'd never been to a professional football game. I had no idea what I was in for. Her Dad has season tickets- Score! We left at 8:30 from her house to tailgate for a 1pm game. Apparently, the true fans take this seriously!

49er Game- Tailgate

They have dedicated tailgate supplies.

49er Game- 3 Hours Before

Three hours before the game was starting, the party was well underway.

49er Game- Neighbors

Our tailgate neighbors even had a beer bong. Yikes!

49er Game- Stereo and Cooler

This little kids wagon was transformed into a stereo blasting hip hop and a beer filled cooler on top. It was HILARIOUS!

49er Game- Billera Girls & Cuz

Stacey, Lauren, and Tiffany in their 9er gear. After a couple of bloody mary's and burgers, we were headed into the stadium.

49er Game- Stadium

It was a perfect day; not too cold. That's pretty rare at CandleStick Park.

49er Game- Here's the Team

Here come the 49ers!

49er Game- 49er Noise

The 9er noise drum core.

49er Game- Banjo Joe

Banjo Joe

49er Game- Playing

Even though the 49ers lost, we had a great time!

11 Comments:

Blogger Knitting Kris said...

I remember the first and only time I went to a professional game - the players were HUGE! It was a Steeler's game. I've been to many Penn State games. Those are much better!

3:08 PM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

Looks like you girls had a great time!! Tailgating is half the fun!!

3:45 PM  
Blogger PurlingPirate said...

Looks like a total blast!!!

4:46 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time! I've never been to any football game!:)

6:49 AM  
Blogger Marisol said...

How fun! How awesome that your first ever football game was a niner game Yeah!

2:30 PM  
Blogger 5elementknitr said...

Great seats! Tailgating is such a blast and the energy at a live game is incomparable!

8:15 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Looks like you had a great time. I've never been to a pro football game either!

9:19 AM  
Blogger Jenny Girl said...

As long as you had a good time with your friends, that's all that matters.
I just remembered...my first Eagles game (not that I'm a fan, my hubby was at the time) was a Monday night against the 49ers. Eagles got the a-- beat. The one when the guy shot a flare gun across Vet stadium at half time. Oh yeah.

6:11 PM  
Blogger tapmouse said...

Looks like you had some awesome seats! I can't believe that was your first pro-football game ever! I've never been athletic or into sports and even I've been to a 9er game! And more than one, even! *That's* huge for me!-lol!

11:52 PM  
Blogger weezalana said...

How FUN! That's the one thing I miss about college - tailgating at football games!

6:20 PM  
Blogger Montreal Mama said...

I got to go to my first CFL (Canadian Football League) game, and not only was it a CFL game, but it was to the Grey Cup (Not as fancy as your superbowl, but the same idea!) Luckily this year the Montreal Alouettes (our home team) made it (though we lost in the end).

I had a lot of fun though!

9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home