Wednesday, October 29, 2008

A Little Indulgence

So far, October hasn't been the best month at Control the Clutter. I decided I'd done so well in September that I could make a little Knit Picks purchase. And well, they had a great book sale going and there's been some yarn I've been looking at... you know the rest.

Knit Picks Imagination- Lost Boys

Imagination Sock Yarn- Lost Boys

Knit Picks Imagination- Frog Prince

Imagination Sock Yarn- Frog Prince

Knit Picks Imagination- Wicked Witch

Imagination Sock Yarn- Wicked Witch

This yarn is 50% Superwash Merino, 25% Alpaca, and 25% Nylon. It's very, very soft! And I really dig the fairytale names they're using. At $4.99 a skein, it's a steal.

More on the books and my most recent projects later this week.

Today is my first day on pm shift. That's 3-11 this evening. I'm currently watching the new Indiana Jones while Brian makes breakfast. Much better than my 4:45 am wake up call yesterday. I have a feeling this sleeping later thing is going to work out just fine!

Labels: ,

17 Comments:

Blogger Thea said...

beautiful colors! And soft, huh? Bet those could be made into some lovely scarves at that price.....

12:02 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Awesome yarn! Love the names too, I always pay attention to that when I'm buying yarn!:) Pm shift sounds better! Good Indiana movie too!Da da da, da da da, da da da d...

12:11 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

I love that 2 of the 3 colors you bought (Frog Prince and Wicked Witch) are currently in my KnitPicks wishlist! can't wait to see how they knit up for you.

12:14 PM  
Blogger KnittingMoose said...

Love your color choices! And the names too... Sometimes I find I'm only so so about a yarn but the name sucks me right in, heh heh!

3:18 PM  
Blogger Jenny Girl said...

That wicked witch yarn is on my list. Can't wait to see it knit up. How was did the movie? Did you like it?

4:34 PM  
Blogger PurlingPirate said...

Love the new yarns! You can almost see the softness!

What did you think of the Jones movie? I haven't seen it yet.

4:43 PM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

Those are gorgeous!! I must try to resist!! A steal at $4.99 though!

7:13 PM  
Blogger Lovs2Knit said...

Yummy! I've done a good job resisting. Maybe after the first of the year. Must take care of Christmas first. :)

I always did better on the night shift. I am not a morning person.

7:32 PM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

The yarn is just lovely! I'm trying to stay away from Yarn stores, but I just pre-ordered some malagrigo sock yarn (bad, bad).
I used to like 3-11pm shift a lot, when I worked per diem. I didn't like it so much as a full-timer, because of my family. But it's usually a much calmer shift than dayshift...less people around the nurse's station!

3:05 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

I hope the late shift goes OK ... I used to hate those! Lovely yarns.

8:21 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Gorgeous colors. The price is awesome.
Shift work definitely takes some getting used to. I used to do it for a little while in college and it isn't that bad when you adjust. My hubby has done it for about 6 years now and he's still not adjusted, but he can be a big baby.

2:09 PM  
Blogger sharon said...

pretty pretty yarn and books too!
Hurray!
I have lost the CTC when it comes to children's books and videos. Otherwise still in control, however my favourite online store has a sale coming up....

5:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those colors are gorgeous. Totally up my alley.

8:14 PM  
Blogger Bea said...

These are really pretty!

2:47 PM  
Blogger Rocky Moreno said...

Oooh! I likey your yarny!

5:41 PM  
Blogger tapmouse said...

LOVE the yarn!

12:17 AM  
Blogger Montreal Mama said...

Yeah, I had to go order this yarn when I saw it on your blog. Thanks! Enabler! LOL.

It's greatly priced and yummy colored!

9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home