Sunday, October 19, 2008

A Great Yarny Day

This past Tuesday, I had the day off from work. And the stars lined up so that I got to see two good friends.

First meet up was with Ruth. She and I have been blog friends for awhile but we've never met in person. Her HS reunion was in Clovis over the weekend and she was flying out on Tuesday from San Francisco. So her mom and I tag teamed the 3 hour trip. We met in Dublin at one of my favorite breakfast places. Yumm! After we were fortified with coffee and bacon we headed for the airport. But we did manage a picture.

Ruth and Nell at Denica's

Ruth's on the left. Me on the right. Some poor, unsuspecting breakfaster was nice enough to comply with the picture requests.

And Ruth was sweet enough to leave me with a couple of gifts.

Red Rocks Fiber Company- Aspen

Red Rocks Fiber Works Aspen Sock Yarn in New Aspen Tree. Very pretty, soft, and local to Denver where Ruth lives.

Stitch Saver from Ruth

She also made me one of her great stitch saver keychains with my name on it! You can snag one from her here. Thanks, Ruth!!!! Hopefully next time we can meet up for longer than a couple of hours. :)

Then, I headed back to Oakland to pick up my friend Elena from nursing school. She and I had a big vent about new job tension and feeling like idiots. Just what we needed!

She'd never been to Imagiknit and it was a beautiful day to be in the City. Over the Bay Bridge we went. The staff at Imagiknit was super helpful and patient. Elena picked out a bunch of projects for Christmas presents. I picked up yarn for a Super Secret Project. (My sister can't/shouldn't peek on ravelry!) With our yarn bags full we walked over to BiRite Creamery. Salted caramel and creme fraiche ice cream.... YUMMY!!!! It was such a great time, we even had free street parking.

Wanting to beat the traffic out of SF and not having quite our fill of yarn store, we went back to take a look at Article Pract. I picked up some gorgeous Prism lace weight that's destined to be a Hanami. See... pretty, huh?

Prism- Lace Wool

I'm not a pink girl. So purple will be a really nice substitute.

What a fun and relaxing day! I really needed it.

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Bea said...

It always nice to meet blog friends! Seems like you guys had a good meet even if it was short.

2:00 PM  
Blogger peaknits said...

How wonderful to meet a blog-friend. And the yarn she brought - she is a keeper:)

3:49 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

How cool to meet a blog buddy! What beautiful yarn too! I've got to go to her etsy shop and buys some of those hooks! Sounds like you had a wonderful day! hugs

6:26 AM  
Blogger 5elementknitr said...

It was so great to meet you! That cafe was soooo tasty.

Thanks for the ride and I hope we get to meet again soon...

8:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't even been away from SF for a year yet, but you're making me miss it. I didn't think it was possible, so soon, but you did it :)

4:39 PM  
Blogger Jenny Girl said...

It's really great that you and Ruth managed to meet up. Glad you had a nice visit.
And a great yarn trip too.

6:14 PM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

Looks like you had a great yarny day!! And the yarns...so pretty! Blog buddies are pretty fabulous, and even better in person!

1:43 AM  
Blogger tapmouse said...

OMG! Hanami is totally on my 'to knit' list! Some day...Looks like you had a great time with Ruth (love that yarn she brought you) and I'm sure ImagiKnit was as wonderful as always!

Hope we'll be able to get together soon!

11:50 PM  
Blogger Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

What fun to hang out with a blog buddy and the crochet hook is so special.I cant wait to see your Hanami:)Hugs Darcy

10:28 PM  
Blogger Montreal Mama said...

I want to eventually knit up Hanami. Did you get the pattern?

Ruth rocks. Never met her in person, but she also sent me a personalized "Robyn" stitch saver. (Though, I stock her stitch savers in my shop -what a great idea, eh? They rock!)

9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home