Sunday, September 28, 2008

Ze Germans

Have you seen the movie Snatch? Well, there's a great running joke through the movie that the characters have to be protected from Ze Germans. It's kind of silly. But it seems fitting to mention since some lovely German yarn landed on my doorstep this week. When Handgefaerbt showed up on the Lime-N-Violet Chum, I knew I had to get my hands on some. (This is a pre-clutter free commitment purchase!)

Here's why...

Handgefaerbt- Hydra Pound

HydraPound

Handgefaerbt- Green Elve

Green Elve

Handgefaerbt- Atlantis

Atlantis

Handgefaerbt- Extra Skein

An extra skein included in my order!!! Love that!

This yarn is squishy and lovely. Too bad Kirstin is on a little vacation for the next couple of weeks. Apparently I wasn't the only person to see her skeins on the chum...

The latest installment of the Rockin' Sock Club came this week too. Click here to see a spoiler picture.

You might be thinking that these latest posts are kind of all over the place. Well, I found the fabulousness that is scheduled posting. Blogger lets you write a post and publish it a couple of days from now. My Dad has been in town since Thursday. So I pre-wrote all my posts last week. It worked really well and took the pressure off coming up with something witty when I come home exhausted.

Anyway...Not much else happening here. Although I did go to Borders (with a gift card- no money spent!) for Eclipse. This is the third of the Twilight books. I was so excited when they found one in the back. Apparently these books are popular! HAHA! If you don't hear from me for a week or so, you know what happened.

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Knitting Kris said...

Lovely yarn!
I didn't know you could do that with blogger! I'm running a bit short on blogging mojo lately, and this might help! How does one do it?

3:28 AM  
Blogger Morticcia said...

Ooooh the yarn. I looked at her stuff a month or so ago and fell in love and bookmarked her for a someday purchase.

Probably should get in soon, as the rav hordes will soon overrun her.

Predating your posts is very practical.

5:05 AM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Beautiful yarn...love all the colors! Does yarn count as clutter?:) Have a nice time with your Dad! hugs

5:58 AM  
Blogger chemgrrl said...

Hey, if you ever decide you don't like that STR, I'd be more than happy to take it off your hands...

7:23 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

What lovely yarn!

7:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm reading Eclipse right now too...for the second time :)

11:53 AM  
Blogger Alyssa said...

ooo those are gorgeous!

6:25 AM  
Blogger Jenny Girl said...

Mmm...nice yarn. Jealous.
Hope you had a nice visit w/your Dad. Blogging can get difficult. Hard to find time between knitting, reading, Ravelry, etc.
Have a great weekend!

7:00 AM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

Ze German yarn is yummy!! So squishy and gorgeous!!

Hope you had a nice visit with your dad!

2:42 PM  
Blogger Rocky Moreno said...

Didn't you just love this last installment colors?? I did! So pretty.

8:50 PM  
Blogger Rocky Moreno said...

I love Green Elve.

8:51 PM  
Blogger Montreal Mama said...

Oh wow, that yarn looks fabulous and soft! Will have to check it out.

Loved Snatch. What a great movie!

8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home