Thursday, September 25, 2008

The Sewing Bug

I've caught it. My little $55, Post-Thanksgiving sewing machine is seeing a lot of action lately. I'm slowly learning and working on improving my sewing skills. This has me wanting a new, fancier machine. But that will have to wait. No extra wants around here!

The immensely talented Heather Bailey had put out a new line of fabric. And it's GORGEOUS!!!!

Heather Bailey Fabric- Skirt

This will be a Barcelona Skirt by Amy Butler. I made a basic A-line skirt last September and I love it. I'm trying to push myself into dressing more girlie. Plus people are so impressed when you tell them you made the skirt yourself. (no matter how simple it is!)

I'm also starting to pull together fabrics for a queen sized quilt.

Heather Bailey Fabric- Brights

More Heather Bailey in brights.

Heather Bailey Fabric- Pastel

Heather Bailey pastels.

I'm thinking a little brown will set off these perfectly. But who knows...

All of these were purchased pre-CTC. And just because I'm not buying more things at the moment doesn't mean you can't!

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Bea said...

So pretty. I imagine those will make a really lovely quilt. Brown would be a good accent or a nice dark blue.

5:03 PM  
Blogger sharon said...

gorgeous material and if it helps you with your CTC, that is all good - I spent a little extra today - so I could have a Mom 2 Mom meeting at the church,. That was definitely worth it.

6:50 PM  
Blogger Marisol said...

Wow look at you--I see some mad sewing skills in the works!

Pretty pretty fabric!

7:42 PM  
Blogger Rocky Moreno said...

Fabulous fabric! I'm learning to sew too. My Mother bought me a new sewing machine and I'm just enjoying it so much. Fabric is just as a addictive as buying new yarn. I go to the fabric store and I want to buy all the fabric I see!

7:54 PM  
Blogger weezalana said...

I LOVE these fabric prints! Too bad I'm still struggling with sewing a straight line right now. :P

8:40 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

Lovely fabrics, a quilt sounds fantastic but hard work!

12:09 AM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

WOW - you are multifaceted! I love the fabrics - so bright and cheery!

8:31 AM  
Blogger tapmouse said...

Um...Nell, you need to stop tempting me! I sew off and on-and more off since I don't have the space! My is probably equivalent to (if not larger than) my yarn stash and you are making me want more fabric! Well, maybe the desire to sew more than purchase, so that actually might be a good thing...! Enjoy!

9:47 PM  
Blogger Jenny Girl said...

These are very pretty. And that one material will make a gorgeous skirt. That is a cute skirt.

2:57 PM  
Blogger Montreal Mama said...

Nice fabrics.

I also want to brushen up my sewing skills and learn more! So much I want to make!

8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home