Sunday, September 14, 2008

I'm Sad Today

David Foster Wallace was found dead in his home in Pomona, CA. He was an Amherst alum. His thesis, "The Broom of The System" was a New York Times bestseller. Yes, his senior college thesis. He received an honorary degree at my graduation. Couldn't have been sweeter or more gracious when I met him 10 years ago next May.

"Consider The Lobster" is a typical example of his writing which was anything but typical.

He was 46. My thoughts and sympathy go out to his family and anyone who knew this amazing writer.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

when we woke up yesterday nat saw this news and told me and i thought oh goodness how sad. I feel for his wife who found him. :(

6:43 AM  
Blogger Rocky Moreno said...

So sad for the loss, but his work will live on.

11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home