Friday, September 12, 2008

I Prefer Quirky

Some people say I'm "anal." I prefer "organized." Some say "weird." Well, you can see where I'm going with this. KnittinWolf tagged me for this meme. I'll try to narrow my quirks down to the 6 required!

1. I don't like my food to touch. My mom bought me a divider plate once because she was sick of hearing about my annoyances when food would migrate. Thanksgiving is tough but usually I can keep the corn out of my mashed potatoes. And I absolutely can't do syrup because it gets on EVERYTHING!

2. When I drink coffee or tea from a paper cup, I make sure the seam on the cup is directly opposite the mouth opening on the lid. Otherwise, it drips. The Starbucks people look at you funny when you rearrange your coffee.

3. I'm VERY competitive. I hate to lose at anything. That's why I'm not allowed to golf anymore. Bad + Competitive = No Fun for Anyone.

4. I'm a pretend tough girl. Really, I'm a total sap. As we speak, I'm crying over The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants.** Seriously, I'm a mess. Totally ridiculous!

5. I love Kid Rock. There. I said it. Did you see Fashion Rocks???? I'd have jumped him on that stage. He's #2 on the dirty crush list.

6. Speaking of the dirty crush list.... #1 is definitely Anthony Bourdain. Sorry but he's gorgeous. He has that dirty scoundrel quality that I was always drawn to in men. And now he has a child. UGH! The man is just getting hotter by the year!

That's it. Quirky as hell. This is just the tip of the iceberg. Inside this cool, collected exterior... I'm a mess!!!

ps- not having an office job has REALLY cut into my blog reading time. So I'm catching up when I get the chance. Sorry if it takes me a few days to get back to you!

**Netflix doesn't count as extra spending because it already exists as an expense in my life. AND it doesn't cause clutter.

Labels:

13 Comments:

Blogger Thea said...

you know, after Fashion Rocks, I'm giving Kid Rock a second look too... happy late birthday and love the chickens (I read backwards a bit)

4:54 AM  
Blogger peaknits said...

David Duchovony as Hank Moody on Californication is my "dirty crush!" I love that term! I love Kid Rock too! Quirky rocks!

5:40 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

I love Anthony Bourdain, too - not quite for the same reason as you - he actually reminds me of my Dad. Plus all the snide remarks are right up my alley.

I'm hypercompetitive, too. No one will play Scrabble with me, so I started playing against the computer. Turns out the computer is remarkably easy to beat. And doesn't react when you gloat. Not fun in the slightest.

6:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how can one NOT love anthony? He loes the ramones, and the stooges and old old school punk rock, he's a total bastard (in a good way) and he loves beer and food? not to mention he's hot in that total bastard kind of way.

i'm still pissed about missing him at Hot Doug's back in july. We ate there and the NEXT DAY he shows up for taping. Lovely.

you haven't seen quirky til you've seen me at starbucks....can i have a large black sweetened iced tea without the ice? huh? without the ice? yes please. want water? um don't you make the tea with water?

ugh

7:30 AM  
Blogger Batty said...

I used to be way more competitive than I am now, but I'm starting to mellow. Not get any less ambitious, just... not willing to kill myself in order to win. It's a fairly recent phenomenon, though.

1:11 PM  
Blogger Montreal Mama said...

I get looks at when I order tea and ask for them to leave some room on top for either an ice cube or cold water (to cool it off faster!)

5:41 PM  
Blogger Jenny Girl said...

You are not alone! I do the thing with the cup at Starbucks too.
Dirty crush.. do I have to pick just one?

6:57 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Funny...I do the cup thing too! Guess once you get it down the front of you, you quickly learn to do this!:) hugs

7:06 AM  
Blogger (formerly) no-blog-rachel said...

And those of us who work there thank you for continuing to keep us employed. :)

And Kid Rock? I thought I was the only one.

8:18 AM  
Blogger 5elementknitr said...

I don't think he's attractive by my dirty little secret is I really like his music (or whatever it is he does that he passes off as music).

My dirty secret crush is Brian Urlacher from the Chicago Bears. Wanna climb that mountain for sure!

2:07 PM  
Blogger Rocky Moreno said...

I totally get you about the Starbucks coffee cup thing, I hate when it doesn't align right and I make sure the sip opening and logo are all in the same position too.

Kid Rocks breakout album is a good one.

2:12 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Can we talk about how hot Anthony Bourdain was in the episode where they were trapped in Israel?! My goodness, he was awesome!!

7:03 PM  
Blogger tapmouse said...

LOVE the Tessaraes! And did I tell you how adorable the February Lady is? Hopefully it's cooled down enough (at least in the evenings) for you to get away with wearing it!

8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home