Sunday, September 07, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!

Today I celebrate my 31st birthday. I'm officially "in my 30's" instead of just 30. I spent the day in my pj's and didn't even shower until 7 pm. Take that, maturity!!! Then we went to Whole Foods for dinner. Yum! Sandwichs and wine- very good birthday dinner. I even got a slice of Tiramisu for dessert.

But the real celebration was last night. Brian took me to Top of the Mark in SF. I've been wanting to go here for drinks since we moved here. It's at the top of the Mark Hopkins Hotel on Nob Hill. Amazing views... Wanna see?????

Yeah- I forgot my camera. D'oh! Quite silly of me. Then we walked down the hill 1 block to go to Rue Lepic. Seriously, if you are in SF, go here for dinner. It's a sleeper hit! The food is amazing and there's 0 pretension. It may actually be my favorite SF restaurant. And I've been lucky enough to eat at lots of fabulous places. The place is tiny and they weren't ready for us when we showed up. So they gave us each a glass of wine while we waited outside. It was one of those perfect SF nights where a cool breeze is blowing but it's still warm enough to be outside comfortably. For dinner I recommend the 5 course meal for $44. Not at all pricey for SF standards. And BEYOND delicious! They even sent out dessert wine for my birthday. The place is fantastic. I love it! Go now!!!!!

It was a perfect night. Even though I had a runny nose so bad all day that I looked like Rudolph. Seriously, if I was skinnier, you'd think I had a serious cocaine problem. Today, nothing. Luckily Everything Balm seems to have solved the red nose issue.

Birthday Present from KW

Knitting Wolf sent me a nice package for my birthday! An M&M magnet and super cute stitch markers.

M&M Stitchmarkers

Aren't they adorable!!! How'd she know these are my favorite cookies??? Thanks so much!

At 31, I realize I'm not above peer pressure. The girls at Stitch and Bitch were toting the virtues of the Twilight series.

Twilight Books

So I went to Target a couple of days ago and picked up the first two books. I'm holding off on starting them though. Need to finish a couple of books before these.

Hope you all had a great day! I know I did!!!

Labels:

22 Comments:

Blogger Adrienne said...

Yay! Happy Birthday to you!! Glad to hear that it was fabulous! =)

9:40 PM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

Happy happy birthday!! Sounds like a perfect birthday weekend!

10:57 PM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

Happy Happy Birthday! I love birthdays! It sounds like you had a fantastic time...
Here's to many more!

2:39 AM  
Blogger Bea said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like an awesome way to spend the day!

3:42 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

4:08 AM  
Blogger Morticcia said...

Happy Birthday! Aside from the red nose, it sounds like you had a fabulous time.

4:52 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

Happy birthday! Let me know what the books are like, I saw them in our local store today.

5:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRFDAY!!!

5:41 AM  
Blogger chemgrrl said...

happy happy happy birthday! Okay, so it's Monday now, but you can still have a nice and happy day-after-birthday, can't you?

5:43 AM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Glad you had a great birthday!:)
hugs, Dawn

6:10 AM  
Blogger Jenny Girl said...

Happy Birthday! Glad you had a marvelous evening.

Those Twilight books are phenominal reading. Very hard to put down. I read the first three, and enjoyed every one of them.
Happy reading!

7:18 AM  
Blogger Lovs2Knit said...

Happy Birthday!! Sounds like you had a great day. Those stitch markers are making me crave cookies. The Twilight series is on my list to read.

8:31 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Happy, happy birthday!

Sounds like you had an awesome night in the city.

8:53 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Happy belated birthday! Sounds like you had a great one. Hurray!

12:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!!

1:55 PM  
Blogger peaknits said...

Happy, happy birthday!! Jammies all day - that's my favorite day!! And the Twilight series - omg, it's a rabbit hole indeed - I think you will love it. (it's not Eat, Pray, Love ot anything - hee hee - a far more guilty pleasure!!)

3:20 PM  
Blogger Marisol said...

Happy, Happy, Happy Belated Birthday to you! Gosh I need to be better about my blog reading so I'm not late all the time.

Sounds like you had a fabulous Birthday! Way to Go! I'll have to check out that restaurant soon...my anniversary is next month:)

5:01 PM  
Blogger weezalana said...

HAPPY (belated) BIRTHDAY!!! Sounds like you had a great one!

P.S. I can't get over how much those stitch markers look like real cookies!

6:21 PM  
Blogger Caroline said...

Happy Birthday! I just finished Twilight and am going to start New Moon very, very soon! You should start - you'll love them!

7:22 PM  
Blogger 5elementknitr said...

Happy Birthday! Chickens and knitting to you!

12:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy (seriously belated) birthday :) I'm trying to catch up on some blogs. You know why I am behind? I've been reading the Twilight saga! I know I mentioned it on my blog, but I don't think I really wanted anyone to know how obsessed I've become. Damn, they are very addictive...

9:08 PM  
Blogger Montreal Mama said...

Happy (now belated) birthday. Sorry I missed out on this post. Finally getting to catch up on your blog - and once I am, I'm planning on staying on top of your posts!! (Good plan, I think!)

Great birthday loot.

Have you gotten to read those books yet? I'm not sure if I'd be into them. Let me know how they are.

7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home