Friday, September 05, 2008

Did You Feel It?

Literally 5 minutes ago, we had an earthquake. 4.0 centered about 15 miles from me. Not too strong but a pretty good shake. Make me NERVOUS! Just when I'm getting comfortable in Cali, she reminds me that you never know when things will be shaken up!

I also jumped on the bandwagon and emailed Karen over at KaratStix for a custom set of her amazing bamboo gauges.

KaratStix Set

Chickens, of course!

KaratStix Gauges

A 4" gauge and a 2" gauge. And stitch markers that she threw in as a gift!

KaratStix Needle Gauge

Needle Gauge

KaratStix Sock Set

WIP tool (for my new spinning career!) and sock set- 2" cuff measure and sock needle gauge.

The attention to detail is amazing! The little skeins have bamboo and merino written on them! And Karen is just as nice as can be. Etsy is full of really talented people. But Karen in particular took very basic tools and made them works of art. Thanks, Karen!

I finished the FLS last weekend but I haven't been able to get pics of it yet. It doesn't help that it's about 100 (million) degrees here. I'll get around to that this weekend.

I'm working tomorrow. So I'm off to bed soon. As long as there's no more shaking!

15 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Yup! I'm only over the hill from you and for once the rest of my family felt it. Usually I'm the only one.

I hate the evening shakers. I think the aftershocks at night after the '89 Loma Prieta earthquake freaked me out even more than the actual temblor did.

On a happier note, love your karastix set!

10:21 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Whew this is a time I'm glad I'm not near you...I hate earthquakes! They make me sick...the motion ug! I love all the goodies you got...I got one of her gauge things in a woolgirl kit...love it! I wonder what tomorrow is???????? Are you doing anything special? Love and hugs!

7:01 AM  
Blogger (formerly) no-blog-rachel said...

Love the chickeny tools! I felt the earthquake too way down in San Jose - but it was very mild here - just a couple of thumps and a little noise.

8:10 AM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

WOW-hope everyone is ok! Here's one time I'm glad that I live in the North East! :)

I love the gauge goodies you got - so neat and detailed!

2:41 PM  
Blogger weezalana said...

Very cool!

2:52 PM  
Blogger peaknits said...

Sheesh - glad you are okay! I love your new acquisitions - very sweet - and I think I'll need some too:)

2:54 PM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

Eek! Those are super cute!! I placed a special order too a few weeks ago...so hopefully soon I'll have my very own!! Love the chickens!! She is definitely one talented lady!!

11:59 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

I love the stitch markers! I have never experienced an earth tremor before, very un-nerving I should think.

12:24 AM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Your Karatstix are so freakin' CUTE!!

5:58 AM  
Blogger Rocky Moreno said...

Those are cool, love the chickens 8)

I'll need to get some for me soon.

I didn't feel the earthquake?

12:14 PM  
Blogger Morticcia said...

These are beyond cute! All the little things a knitter needs!

Glad to hear the earthquake was just a little shake.

4:54 AM  
Blogger Marisol said...

Super cute! I Love all the little chickadees he he...

and yest I did actually feel that earthquake! I was alone with little C and did feel a wee bit scared for a few mintues.

5:04 PM  
Blogger Crystal said...

But just be glad we don't have an "earthquake season", I do not envy the tornado and hurricane people.
And I love the chickens, I have been more and more chicken obsessed lately, they fit right in.

8:39 PM  
Blogger Nell said...

Those are the BEST accessories I've seen in ages! I want some!

6:37 AM  
Blogger Montreal Mama said...

I can't wait to keep reading and check out your FLS. I'm dying to make one, and the yarn is sitting there staring at me. (Deadlines first), then I can knit for me!

I have that set (different image though) from KaratStix. Her stuff rocks.

7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home