Thursday, August 21, 2008

Onward and Upward

Much to my surprise none of you reacted to yesterday's post with a "you're an idiot!" comment. So thanks for that! Having accepted my idiocy many years ago, I usually do not need reminding of it. Today the ear is still red. But MUCH less swollen and scary. Probably no dr. visit needed. Just need to keep it clean and stop messing with it. I'm so silly sometimes!

On to other (more interesting) things! I found a great etsy shop a few weeks ago. As many of you know, I make soap. And I'm obsessed with all things bath and body. Brian says I have too many lotions and potions. I contend that's not possible. This debate will probably rage until our 80's. Anyway, Product Body has some fabulous... well... products!

Product Body

Her scrubs are emulsified so there's no inch of oil sitting on top of the salt or sugar. It's fantastic! You can be a little less vigilant when opening and closing the jar. And her scents!!!!! Sexy Laundry Day is FABULOUS! Soft and light but just deliciously clean. You can also check her out here. And, like most Indie people, she's super nice. I got extras in hopes of converting many of my unsuspecting friends.

Next up, my first handspun!

Corriedale Handspun- Eire

OK- I admit it's barely different than the pencil roving from which it came. But it is yarn officially. I have about 2 bobbins of bulky yarn to play with. I'm thinking this Unoriginal hat.

Finally, click here for a peek at the new Yarn Pirate Booty Club. This might be my favorite EVER!!!

Labels: , ,

15 Comments:

Blogger Dawn said...

So glad your ear is feeling better...guess you won't have to take up painting!:)

I love new products...those sound cool. Love the yarn you did and the pirate booty! Such beautiful colors!

hugs

6:21 AM  
Blogger Rocky Moreno said...

That handspun looks good! I'm just learning, so I know how it is to get some so consistent. Very pretty!... I'll definitely need to check out that Etsy shop 8-) I love Bath/Body items, I don't make any, but I love to hoard them.

8:49 AM  
Blogger Marisol said...

Glad to hear your poor little ear is feeling better! I LOVE your first yarn!!! It is my understanding that the first yarn you produce can actually turn out to be the best in terms of bulky handspun. Art Yarn if you will! It looks marvelous!!!!

Thanks for the tip on the bath products and I am going to have to check out yours pretty soon too:)

8:57 AM  
Blogger weezalana said...

I love the descriptions on those product labels! And nice job on the bulky handspun, that'll make an excellent Unoriginal Hat!

9:16 AM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

Oh my - I just caught up on your posts, and I would have suspected that you had a cellulitis! I have seen some nasty infections from this. And then you're exposed to so much at the hospital. I don't know about you, but I get a TON of MRSA and other infections to work with. YIPEE!
I love the first yarn from your wheel! I also liked the YP booty club yarn. Very pretty colors and nice base, but I miss her 100% superwash merino!
Continued luck with that ear! I'm sure you'll nurse it back to health (pun intended)! :)

10:53 AM  
Blogger Morticcia said...

I'm glad your ear is better. I would have been freakin' out.

I love all those jars of scrubs and creams.

I think that pattern would go perfect with that lovely handspun!

11:25 AM  
Blogger peaknits said...

Your first handspun is delicious! Can't wait to see it knit up! Thanks for another good etsy seller! I think that might just be the best YP I've seen!

12:52 PM  
Blogger Lovs2Knit said...

Glad to here your ear is doing better. I'm off to check out the etsy shop. I'm always up for new stuff. :)

The new YP shipment is yummy!

3:25 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

I like you handspun, lovely colours. I love etsy, the bath products are great. I have a couple of favourite UK shops that I like.

3:35 AM  
Blogger Joanna Schmidt said...

You are so sweet for writing about my "potions and lotions". Thank you so much!! Come visit my blogs, too!

productbody.blogspot.com
+
thesoapbar.blogspot.com

I love company and I love the knitting!! Way to go

12:35 PM  
Blogger 5elementknitr said...

Your new handspun is so pretty!

Yea, totally ordered some soap from that shop!

Glad you're feeling better.

7:36 AM  
Blogger kathy b said...

Your handspun is lovely . Do you get to name your own handspun, or does the roving have a color? I don't do this yet.....

7:10 AM  
Blogger Valerie said...

Owie! Keep getting better!

Your handspun looks great--and Wowsers! That Yarn Pirate yarn is an amazing color combo.

2:58 PM  
Blogger Montreal Mama said...

Great first handspan!

I just got myself a LEARN TO SPIN kit. Can't wait to find some time.

I also got my hands on that Yarn Pirate booty from that club kit (in a swap with someone who lives near me). Oh my, it's just fabulous.

7:10 PM  
Blogger Montreal Mama said...

I meant to write handspun.

I've had way too many glasses of wine tonight, lol.

7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home