Saturday, August 30, 2008

I Heart You, Long Weekend!

Brian and I often look at each other and say, "Guess what? It's only Saturday!" Both of us were off yesterday and so we got even more excited about it being only Friday. No work for us until Tuesday. YAY!!!! If fact, it's unlikely we'll leave the house today. I feel a nap coming on....

But look what showed up in my mailbox this week!

Wollmeise- Amazonas

Wollmeise- Amazonas! So incredibly pretty! I traded a self-striping Yarntini for this skein with another raveler. This is a minor consolation for not getting picked for Claudia's sock club. I guess the universe knows I have enough yarn.

For those of you wondering, I was able to save my new earring. It took a lot of cleaning and patience but looks like I'll get to keep it! Did learn my lesson about being more careful in the future.

There will probably be an FO pretty soon. FLS is getting VERY close. But, for now, about that nap...

Labels:

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh very pretty green indeed and naps are always awesome

2:53 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

That is a pretty green!

3:45 PM  
Blogger Bea said...

Pretty green yarn.

I'm glad your going to get to keep the earring.

4:34 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

What a gorgeous green...ooooh!:) Glad your ear is still attached!:) Ouchy! Aren't naps wonderfully refreshing? Just got up from one!:) Have a wonderful, relaxing weekend!

5:22 PM  
Blogger Marisol said...

Oooohhhhh FLS ---I can hardly wait!

Love the Wollmeise!

6:15 PM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

WOW, that Amazonas is pretty!
There is no long weekend for me. I am on-call until Monday at 8:00 am! I have already worked 6 hours overtime! YIKES! But with our scheduling, this isn't even considered my holiday weekend - can you believe it? I have the dang beeper on Thanksgiving too!
Enjoy your long weekend...I'm off Mon/Tues!

3:22 AM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Oooh that Amazonas is incredible!

5:48 AM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

Gorgeous green!! It was worth it!!

And yay for long weekends!! Hope you enjoyed yours!

2:03 AM  
Blogger tapmouse said...

Oooooooohhhh...LOVE that Amazones Wollmeise! Yeah, I didn't get in to the club, either. I think it was the Universe looking after my pocket book since I knew I had no business even joining (should I get in!) and really don't have the money to be spending on more yarn!

Luckily, Nartian got in, which is almost as good as getting in (for me, at least), cuz I will get to see the colors in person and be a member vicariously through her!

5:19 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love that Amazonas. For some reason, I keep misremembering it w/red in it.

1:15 PM  
Blogger Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

I have one precious skein of Wollmeise!I take it out and look at it and pet it then put it away it is a beautiful grren/yellow.Hugs Darcy

1:31 AM  
Blogger Morticcia said...

Oh, what I wouldn't do to get something of hers in the green family. Some day.

I totally lost out on even entering Claudia's lottery. My online time hasn't been very extensive lately.

4:58 AM  
Blogger Montreal Mama said...

Glad to hear that you saved your piercing.

Great yarn. I heart green. Great color choice. Wollmeise rocks.

7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home