Sunday, August 17, 2008

Dear NBC

And, by association, MSNBC.COM-

Why do you have to delay your "live" Olympics broadcast for the West Coast??? We'd be happy not to have to stay up until 1 am to be able to see results at the same time the East coast does. I know you'd be missing your crucial 8-11 pm time slot in California but we'd really appreciate "live" actually meaning the action is live. And frankly, this late night drama is messing with my sleep. ChickenKnits does NOT appreciate her sleep being messed with!

I suppose I understand the prime time issue. But then, can I ask you a favor? Please DON'T PUT RESULTS ON THE FRONT PAGE OF MSNBC.COM BEFORE THEY HAVE AIRED ON THE WEST COAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope you hear me yelling here. If you won't air it live, at least give us in Pacific time the courtesy to choose the way we hear the news. Simply put up a link that says, "Olympic results here." Then, you can go ape shit. But leave it off the front page. I mean really, how would you feel if you knew the news before the network says you can hear the news??? My Olympic life is in your hands. And, to be blunt, you're fucking it up. BIG TIME.

It really is to bad that msnbc is my home page. And it's REALLY too bad that, because I had the audacity to open my browser, I knew about Phelps last night before I was allowed by the network to view it. This goes for you too KGO AM 810.

All I want is a spoiler alert. I have to give one when showing the latest sock club color. Shouldn't Olympic history be worthy of the same consideration for those who don't want to know???? Overall, your coverage has been great. (especially since I usually get to see it twice.)

Thanks for nothing-
Nell

8 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

This is why I was so excited to watch the Olympics in Canada - I may have to stay up to ungodly hours to see stuff, but it was live.

Incidentally, I was in the airport when Phelps won his 8th medal - couldn't figure out why this huge cheer rang out from everywhere.

3:12 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Heh, I wonder why they say it's live? When my dad started watching it in the beginning, he tried to figure out what the live part was, because he knew it was 2am in China when he was watching it (late evening here in CA). It doesn't make much sense to say it's live when it's not though.

Sorry you're getting too much info about the events before watching. :/

12:58 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Soooo true! I hate the time they're having it too. Of course my 11 yr. old wants to watch swimming but it hasn't started till after 10 almost 11! He's on a swim team and has been swimming since he was 3...loves Phelps! Go get'm girl!

5:34 AM  
Blogger Lovs2Knit said...

Now that's rather assholish of NBC to do that crap. I really hate the way they are broadcasting the Olympics but what's a poor lowly knitter to do. I'd seriously think about changing your homepage to another website till the Olympic coverage is over.

6:36 PM  
Blogger Rocky Moreno said...

I hate time delay!

12:11 PM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

I am SUCH an Olympic junkie! My poor blog is suffering due to late nights watching the competitions.
I LOVE THE OLYMPICS.
Although, lately, I'm so sleep deprived, that I'm watching the interviews on the early morning shows and looking up results on the web. YUCK!
I'm so mad that Mae and Walsh are playing at 11:00pm tonight! I'll miss that one for sure! :(

6:15 PM  
Blogger tapmouse said...

Do I detect a bit of annoyance here with NBC?!-lol! I'm so not keeping up with anything anyways, though I have heard all about Phelps...

I swear, I am pop-culture illiterate!

10:25 PM  
Blogger Pixiepurls said...

yes! so annoying to read who wins before you watch it.. and I hate how everything i want to watch STARTS at 11pm.

5:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home