Sunday, July 06, 2008

A Match for the Ages

I'm sitting her watching the finals of Wimbledon. (Federer vs. Nadal) I figured this match would be over before I even got up this morning. Good thing I didn't set the alarm for 6 am to see the start!

Since the frogging of the CPH, I decided to cast on another cardigan. The February Lady Sweater is coming along nicely. I divided the yoke for the sleeves this morning. That whole process could have taken much less time if I could count!

February Sweater- Collar Done

At the moment it's really a big brown blob. (and not all that photogenic!)

I'm also pretty excited to show you this picture.

Garden- It's Growing!

My "garden" is actually growing!!!

Garden- Thriving Mint

Spearmint- which is apparently impossible to kill.

Garden- Basil

Basil- I see pesto in our future!

Garden- Herbal Jungle

The herbal jungle- Sage, oregano, and peppermint. It's not the prettiest box but the herbs are delicious.

Because it's a long weekend and things are growing so well, I went to the nursery yesterday to pick up some new kids.

Garden- New Guys

Meet Thyme and Rosemary. They've already survived a near drowning when I forgot to open up drainage holes in the bottom of the pot. So I hope they'll continue to show such fortitude.

Garden- Lavender

Lavender- Maybe it'll grow to be as lovely as this.

I hope you are all having a lovely weekend. Now that the match is over, I'm going to get my butt in gear and make my office habitable again!

22 Comments:

Blogger Rocky said...

I love your garden! I'm a gardener too! I'll take some pics of the Lavendar & Rosemary plants I have & Aloe as well. That's all I have for now since I moved..but I'll be starting a whole new mini-mobile garden soon..you give me so much inspiration! Don't you just love the feeling of growing these?

I love the cardigan, where did you get the pattern from? Email me 8-)

1:23 PM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

Wasn't that an amazing match?

Your garden looks great! I see lots and LOTS of pesto in your future! Mmm, pesto....

2:57 PM  
Blogger peaknits said...

I swatched for my Feb. sweater today - yay! Your herbs look sfabulous - I just recently discovered pesto - omg, my poor basil garden has been pillaged - I need to get more:)

3:38 PM  
Blogger Bea said...

I love seeing others gardens grow. I'm very sad but when we finally get the front garden done they are going to have to remove our lavender. I'm seriously considering moving it to another location to save it. Wonder how well they do if you uproot them.

3:48 PM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

Your garden looks fabulous!! Yummy!!

And look at the February Sweater!! Wow! You've made great progress....I better get my butt in gear!

4:52 PM  
Blogger Valerie said...

YOu have a beautiful garden! There's nothing like fresh herbs to make everything taste wonderful.

Congratulations on passing your exam. I'm glad that's over for you.

6:52 PM  
Blogger sharon said...

Way to go on the frogging. It is so hard, but good. Lovely sweater. Who won the match?

7:28 PM  
Blogger sharon said...

Oh and great herb growing - I just have basil, tomatoes and peas. Yum

7:29 PM  
Blogger NotScarlett Sarah said...

Your garden looks amazing, and I kind of want to kidnap that cardigan. I adore that pattern, cannot wait to see how yours turns out.

7:41 PM  
Blogger Lovs2Knit said...

Your garden looks awesome! Next year I'm going to shoot for an herb garden to go with the tomatoes. :)

9:32 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

I love your herbs. I haven't done mint this year, I might go and get a plant now I have seen yours!

11:34 PM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

Lovely garden. I seem to be the only knitter who isn't knitting the February Lady Sweater this summer! I do have the pattern all printed out, but have a simple cardigan in the plans. It's a lovely sweater, and I love your chocolate brown yarn!

3:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your garden is really lovely!

6:19 AM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Love your garden! I have to get me some peppermint! Can't wait to see the cardi done!:) hugs

7:16 AM  
Blogger ~RaenWa~ said...

Wow your garden looks great I would love to start my own but we live in an apt & don't really have alot of room for one. I love the smell of lavender

10:13 AM  
Blogger Morticcia said...

Knitteres don't need no stinkin' maths!! Or maybe we do...:-X

Your gardent looks great. And yes, you can kill spearmint. I've killed just about every house plant that came my way.

11:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fabulous garden! I am growing tomato plants. But, not tomatoes. Yeah... that wouldn't be fabulous. I can't wait to see your pesto. YUM! Let us know how you like knitting up the February Lady Sweater. I really want to make that!

5:49 PM  
Blogger weezalana said...

Lookit all those herbs! So much better than clamshell plastic containers from the store!

P.S. CONGRATS on officially becoming an RN!

8:23 AM  
Blogger Emmie said...

Love your herb garden - I've got similar pots in my yard, it makes such a difference to cooking.
Happy Blogging :-)

12:24 PM  
Blogger 5elementknitr said...

Lovely garden!

Yea, that whole counting thing always gets to me, too!

12:08 PM  
Blogger Minerva Turkey said...

Your garden looks great. I want to start one, but I can't bring myself to fight the heat. Maybe a kitchen window box would be a good start.

7:06 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

I'm totally jealous of your fabulous herb garden. It is lovely! I'm hankering for a patch of sunlight.

8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home