Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Things I'm Loving Right Now

I usually don't do product laden posts- except for yarn. But I've tried out a couple of things lately that I really love. So much so that I figured I'd pass them on. I realize this just shows that I have too much time on my hands at the moment.



CoverGirl Lash Blast Mascara
. For years I've been a devoted follower of the Maybelline pink and green tube. Lash Blast is far better at making my lashes pop. Plus... the brown is really brown. Not brown-black. I'm pretty fair so the darker colors often make me look silly. And this never, ever, ever clumps or ends up underneath my eyes. Yes, the large brush takes some getting used to but it's well worth it. My friend in Boston practically dragged me to CVS to pick some up. She was absolutely right!



After reading a review in Lucky Magazine, I was really interested in Carson Softsheen Magic Shaving Powder. I found it at Long's and Target for around $3 a can. You mix 2 T. of the powder with 2 T. of water. Spread it on and wait 5-7 minutes. I used an old jelly jar to shake it up. Yes, it's smelly. Yes, it made a mess. But my legs are very smooth. Just be sure to follow the direction since I have read some reviews about skin irritation if it is left on too long.



I have rediscovered the beauty of homemade ice cream. YUM! In the past week I've made mint chocolate chip with mint from my "garden", Strawberry Frozen Yogurt, and Orange Basil sorbet. Did you read about the Harlot's adventures in ice cream at TNNA? Well, Jeni of the famous ice cream shop published some of her recipes in the June 2008 edition of Food and Wine magazine. I made the Cherry Lambic sorbet. And yes, it is amazing! Next up, roasted peach when I pick up some peaches on Saturday at the Farmer's Market.



Nartian and Tapmouse let us in on a Bay Area store- Ichiban Kan. It's a Japanese dollar store. There are adorable pens, erasers, and lots of Bento Box style lunch sets. My favorite are the sheep totes. Cute, cheap, and environmentally friendly!

Lotus Yarns Aura- Prayer for Rain

Finally, I'm loving this sparkly yarn I picked up at Yarn4Socks. It's Aura from Lotus yarns in Prayer for Rain. I think maybe a shawl???? Seriously, I need to knit faster. Too many projects! Psst- there may have been yarntini sport up last night at TLE. There's still 1 color left if you hurry!

I'm still studying for my boards. I'm going to finish the content portion today. And then questions, questions, and more questions... 2 weeks from today...

Labels:

15 Comments:

Blogger Knitting Kris said...

I had the Yarntini Vintage in my cart, and it disappeared. After that, well, I put everything back. I just placed an order with WEBS though! YIKES!
Love homemade ice cream. My family has a great recipe for one that has Grape Nuts in it - it is fabulous!

10:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

when did cuisinart start making the ice cream makers in colors! my several-years old version is just boring old white :)

11:00 AM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Wow, brown mascara, thats a hard one to find! I'll have to check that out! Now you have smooth legs, pretty eyes, and a satisfied tummy with the ice cream! Very pretty yarn too! Love the sheep bags too, sooo cute. Good luck with the studying...its hard but worth it! You're almost completely done! You can do it! You'll pass with flying colors! Is it only written or oral too? hugs

11:23 AM  
Blogger Marisol said...

Oh Good God Thank you for posting about this! I sooooooooo wanted to try that cherry lambic and well now we can all make this at home!

Hmmmm and the mascara sounds like a good one too...

Such a powerful enabler you are!

12:53 PM  
Blogger Minerva Turkey said...

I also had the Yarntini Vintage in my cart and it disappeared. I emptied my cart after that too. But I do have a consolation prize on the way from TLE. I ordered 6 hanks of Malabrigo a couple of days ago. :)

Thanks for the mascara tip. I am going to pick some up tonight at the store.

1:58 PM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

I was good and resisted the Yarntini update...but only because I just placed a BMFA order! Oh well!

Love Tapmouse and Nartian for introducing us to Ichiban Kan!! Fun fun stuff!

2:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I was in need of mascara! I was not in need of ice cream (good thing the baby is allergic to dairy and I can't eat it now...I could seriously get in trouble). I have no will power!

3:44 PM  
Blogger peaknits said...

Oh I am so scoring some of that mascara, I have been disappointed lately with my trusty covergirl pink tube! And I will wish we had a Japanese Dollar Store, how cool would that be!?

5:06 PM  
Blogger sharon said...

wow - I love that ice cream maker in RED. I am not buying any sparkly yarn I am no buying any sparkly yarn...

5:50 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

That dollar store sounds good, I like the bags. Good luck with your study.

11:19 PM  
Blogger KnittingMoose said...

Ooooh, love that sparkly yarn!

3:30 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Aren't the bags the cutest!

Count me as another fan of Cover Girl's Lash Blast. I use the waterproof formula and like how it doesn't make my lashes super stiff like a lot of other drugstore waterproof formulas can.

I'm w/Irishgirlie. We hauled STR instead of stalking Loopy Ewe for Yarntini.

4:47 PM  
Blogger Dame Wendy said...

I am so picking up that mascara today after work! :) Thx!

8:38 AM  
Blogger Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

I love the sheep tots I so want one!!!Hugs Darcy
p.s. please pass the Yarntini;)

4:41 PM  
Blogger Knitting Bandit said...

I am in the market for a new mascara...thanks for the review. And the shave cream/powder has me intrigued. Lastly, you now have me considering the fun of homemade ice cream. I trip to Target might just be in store!

7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home