Saturday, June 07, 2008

Buy Me Some Peanuts!

This week was really busy. I thought once I was out of school my life would settle down. But no! Between all the things I've been ignoring at home and starting Kaplan for the nursing boards, I've been running all over the Bay.

The highlight of the week for sure was Wednesday's baseball game between the Detroit Tigers and the Oakland A's. My sister got tickets for my graduation. And check out how close we were...

Baseball- We're this close

Literally, this is the view from my seat just over the wall. I've never been that close at a game. Usually, we're way up in the upper deck.

Baseball- Dugout Warm Up

We got to see the Tiger's pitchers warm up in the dugout just a few steps from where we were sitting.

The best part was a little boy sitting next to us. He was probably 4 or maybe a small 5. But all the players who passed gave him a ball. I swear that kid left with 6 baseballs! I kept teasing his Dad that I was going to steal the next one. It was also really funny that they were from Flint. (We're from Holland, MI.) It cracked me up that I was meeting other Michiganders at an A's game.

Too bad the Tiger's lost 10-2 and I was pretty sunburned. Oh well. Still a great time at the Old Ball Game!

7 Comments:

Blogger Bea said...

Sounds like fun!

5:02 AM  
Blogger Bea said...

WEll not the sunburn part, ahem...

5:02 AM  
Blogger PurlingPirate said...

What fun!!! We can't wait to take The Squid to a baseball game!!

7:05 AM  
Blogger Montreal Mama said...

I haven't been to a baseball game since Montreal got rid of the Expos... but I did go to a game in their last season.

Sounds like a good time (minus sun burn...!) LOL

8:30 AM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Weird I left a comment and it didn't save? Looks like you had a great time! Did you sneak a ball after all?:) I've never been to a game and the Dodgers are only an hour away from me! I love to play it though! Sunburns are no fun...spf!:) I know I'm one to talk huh?!!!!

12:05 PM  
Blogger KnittingMoose said...

Ooh, how fun! Well, except for the sunburn and the losing part, heh. ;)

7:09 PM  
Blogger Morticcia said...

Sounds like you had a blast. I've never been that close. I would have been beaming ear to ear at my fave players.

6:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home