Friday, June 20, 2008

Bright Sunshiney Day

Look what happens when all you do is sit, study, and knit for a good couple of weeks...

Marigold Socks- Done

Pattern:
Marigold Socks by FlintKnits
Yarn: BMFA STR lightweight in Sunstone
Needles: Addi Bamboo dpn's size 2.75mm
Date Started: 5/29/08
Date Finished: 6/20/08
Mods: None- They are a little tight for me. But I should know better than to think my big feet are going to fit into a medium sized pattern. Plus, I'm a tight knitter and maybe should have gone up one more needle size.

But once they are on, they're lovely!

Marigold Socks- On

Even though I clearly can't capture that in a photo today. The color is much more accurate in the first picture. I was hoping they would be a little more slouchy like in the pictures in the pattern. Overall, I'm really happy with them. They are happy and sunny and I wish it wasn't 100 degrees here today or I'd wear them. Instead, they're at the sock beach. (AKA- blocking on the edge of my tub!)

Labels:

14 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

I love them - they are so bright and happy :)

2:47 PM  
Blogger peaknits said...

Simply gorgeous! Nice job!

3:36 PM  
Blogger weezalana said...

They're lovely! Great job!

4:24 PM  
Blogger Bea said...

Gorgeous! I love these socks!

5:36 PM  
Blogger Marisol said...

They are as lovely as a ray of sunshine! As warm a sun shiny day:) O.K. So a Poet I am not--but in all seriousness - Great Job on those Marigolds they are fabulous!

8:51 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

They turned out soooo great...love them! How's the studying going? Are you caffeined out yet?:) Keep up the great work! hugs

6:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that color is excellent for marigolds! and i personally like my socks tight. they always loosen up with wear and then they flop or sag. i want them to mold to my feet :)

6:35 AM  
Blogger Emma said...

So pretty!

6:37 AM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

Oh, now that is the perfect match of pattern to yarn....truly! I love them! :)

7:06 AM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

Absolutely sunshiney and bright!! SO pretty!

11:45 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

They are just gorgeous! I love the colour.

1:04 PM  
Blogger sharon said...

gorgeous - cheered my day!!!

7:59 PM  
Blogger Morticcia said...

Beeyoootiful!

I just noticed your WIP bars on your main page are the color of the project! That is perfect!

8:05 AM  
Blogger Montreal Mama said...

Those turned out really awesome! Love how bright they are!

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home