Friday, June 27, 2008

The Bitter End

I'm still here. Still studying. Starting to get really burnt out on it though. I can't wait for this test to be done. Most of my friends are finishing this weekend. So I'm trying to stay focused but I'm definitely starting to be really done with it all.

The end came today for the Central Park Hoodie too. I came to terms with the fact that it wasn't going to be right. But just in case, I measured my favorite old sweater (FOS) to compare to the CPH. (Yeah- I know. I should have thought of that a LONG time ago.) So not only was the CPH 3 inches longer than FOS, it was 4 inches narrower. In my mind, I live in a fun house mirror where I'm 3 inches taller and 50 pounds lighter. What on earth was I thinking?!?!?!? Knitter denial. It's a powerful thing.

I'm not casting on again for CPH quite now. My sweater attention has turned to the very popular February Lady Sweater. (Rav link. And if you aren't on Ravelry yet, what are you waiting for????) I've had some Elann Peruvian Highland Wool in a beautiful chocolate color that has wanted to be something for a long time. This sweater is perfect for that yarn! Thanks to Poppins who sent me the yarn as part of a secret pal swap!

I also cast on for the Tesserae socks in Yarn Pirate BFL in Fog. These are gonna be so pretty. But the yarn is so thin, I'm getting 10 stitches to the inch. Granted, I'm a tight knitter but the fabric isn't even that dense. Maybe the rest of my BFL becomes lace. These socks are 84 stitches around!! They are going to take forever. Oh well!

And just so this post won't be picture-less...

Sanguin Gryphon- Phaedrus

The Sanguine Gryphon Eidos sock yarn in Phaedrus from TLE.

Have a great weekend!

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

Keep studying and hang in there! You're almost done!! Have a great time at your dyeing class with Scout this weekend!! I'm a bit jealous that Leslie gets to hang with you and Marisol (and Scout!) all weekend, but have a blast!!!

Yay for the February sweater too!

9:27 PM  
Blogger tina said...

Thanks for popping by to comment!

Hang in----- you're getting close! I love your sweaters, gorgeous!

10:20 PM  
Blogger Valerie said...

Ooooo, pretty yarn.

Sorry to hear about your CPH woes.

12:42 AM  
Blogger Dawn said...

The February sweater is really cute! Love the yarn too!

Keep your chin up sweetie, you can do this...your at the home stretch...just a little longer, and boom your done. Then you won't know what to do when your not studying!:)

Have a great weekend! hugs

5:41 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

I think I have the same fun house mirrors - it's always such a letdown when I go shopping for clothes.

5:42 AM  
Blogger peaknits said...

I just got some Dream in Color for my own February Ladies Sweater - I can't wait. Good luck - the end is so very near! And gorgeous yarn!

11:44 AM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

It does seem like a long time until one takes the test (I think it was only a matter of 3 weeks for me), but it will be okay. I remember test day so well. It only lasted 1.5 hours, and the computer just shut off after 75 questions. That's the minimum you have to answer in PA. The max is 250.
Love that yarn!

3:22 AM  
Blogger Marisol said...

yes hang in there with school its tough but well worth the effort! the bitter end is always the hardest to get through...mainly because you are so close you can taste it!

Let me know how that sanguine gryphon is I have been eyeing that indie dyer for a while but have yet to see her yarn in person

8:49 AM  
Blogger 5elementknitr said...

That sock yarn is GORgeous! *drool*

10:52 AM  
Blogger Morticcia said...

Although it's been a while, the "I'm so done with this" is a strong enough memory to last decades!!!!! Keep your chin up, the end is nigh!

Good for you on moving forward with CPH. No one needs the onus of a languishing project.

Love the yarn, the zimmerman inspired sweater, and know a good wishes are coming to you for your studying and test just north of beantown!

7:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home