Friday, May 09, 2008

This and That

I can't seem to get back on a good blogging schedule. Even though I technically have 4 days off, I seem to always be super busy. Between kickboxing, keeping a decent house, and just having some fun, I just can't seem to put together a decent post. So here's a week's worth of posts all in one. Hopefully this week I'll be a little more consistent with the postings.

Because of their charm promotion, I had to put in an order at Yarn4Socks. I got some nice O-Wool sock yarn.

O- Wool- Sage

Sage. The color is very soft.

Sweater Charm

Here's the charm for May. Cute, huh?

Knitterly Things started offering Wee Skein Sock Kits made from her Vesper Sock yarn. She did 2 and 4 color kits each totaling 100 grams. They are mix and match to create your own interestingly striped socks. By the time I got over there, only the 2 color kits were left.

Wee Skein Kit

Her packaging is always so cute.

Wee Skein Sock Kit- Yarn

Verbena and Vinca Vine. Not sure what I'm going to make with these yet. But I'm excited to have snagged one!

I'm putting together a prize for Claudia's Annual MS bike ride. There will be soap, yarn, and an extra goody or two. For every $10 you donate, you get 1 entry into her raffle. And she always gets great prizes. Plus, knitters have a way of really getting behind good causes.

On the school/job front, I'm working 12 hours tomorrow and again on Sunday. (only 5 shifts left!) Then, Monday is our last lecture. There will be much celebrating after class. But I have to be a little restrained since on Tuesday I have another job interview. Thursday- job interview. Then, three 12's in a row next Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. And that's it! About a week and a half to go. WooHoo!!! Although, I'm excited to be done, I'm also a little sad. I'll actually have to go back to work and be responsible. And I won't see all my classmates as much anymore. I'm also a little apprehensive about actually being a nurse. I know it'll be fine but there's a little doubter in me that'll vanish when I actually get started.

I spent yesterday afternoon at Lake Chabot in a electrically powered rowboat. Once I figured out how to actually steer the thing, it was quite a lovely day. And, with a midweek discount, a hour boat rental was only $15. I think the full day rate is $50. Split between 4 people and a picnic lunch, that would be a lot of fun. I'll just have to remember more sunscreen. Luckily, I'm only a little pink! I'll also have to remember my camera so you can see how lovely it is.

There are a few bars of Rosemary Mint Soap available in the shop if you're interested.

One last thing, I bought these adorable lavender dryer bags from Trader Joe's. They look like lavender tea bags that smell wonderful and only slightly scent the clothing. However, they are a pain in the butt to clean up when they explode. For a second, I thought we had bugs climbing out of the lint traps. But on closer inspection, it was just lavender flowers. Gotta tell you, my heart skipped a beat for a second. HAHA!

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger PurlingPirate said...

I'll be drooling over your purchases for awhile!!! Yumm!!!

Enjoy your last bit of school. The real world is...well, it's real. Sometimes too real. But you will do great!!!

5:47 PM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

Oooh, lucky you, you got one of the wee skein kits! I was too late for any of them. Next time, I hope!

I agree, enjoy the last bit of school as much as you can! The "real" world can be a bit scary, but I'm sure you'll do fab once you start your job! =)

7:35 PM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

Both of those purchases are absolutely adorable (particularly the wee skein socks!).

Can you believe you are almost done!! Congrats!

10:42 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

What lovely yarn. I have a skein of vesper which I don't want to use as it is too nice! The change from student to nurse is daunting but i am sure you will be fine.

11:30 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

OOOOOH awesome post! Love the sage yarn...looks very soft! Totally adore the charm! Where do you get the bracelet part for it? I want those...guess which website I'll be going to next!:)

Your electric boat trip sounded fun...no spf and your a nurse!:) j/k shame on you!:) I know I'm one to talk about sunblock!

How exciting/scary you're almost done! You're going to do great...don't worry, be happy! All your bloggy buddies are rooting for ya! Keep up the great work and you'll be just fine!
Hugs

5:34 AM  
Blogger Minerva Turkey said...

I absolutely adore that sage yarn. It is one of my favorite colors.

Enjoy your last few hours of school, and I hope your interview goes well. :)

10:28 AM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

You know, I think I always feel a little unsure about a job, even new ones after 11 years of nursing. That's normal. I think when you start feeling over-confident, then there's a problem, because things are always changing and one is always learning.
I know you'll do great with a new job, and orientation programs these days are awesome!
Lovely yarn too!

3:40 AM  
Blogger chemgrrl said...

Love the kit--what a cute idea!

11:38 AM  
Blogger KnittingMoose said...

That yarn looks really fun! That will make some bright and cheery socks, or something! :)

1:49 PM  
Blogger Morticcia said...

What awesome yarn! And the charm! I can't see what you do with the sock kit!

1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home