Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Rav Swag

I apologize now to non-Rav users. This post is a little heavy with Ravelry love. When the Ravelry mini-mart opened, I was lucky enough to snag (almost) everything I wanted. The signature tote was already sold out.

Ravelry Tee- Front

A gray "Daily Dose of Fiber" T-shirt. I love American Apparel's tshirt fabric but their sizing is total crap. It's a 2XL and still a little snug. (Hence, no modeled shot.)

Ravelry- Fiber Tote

A natural color "Daily Dose of Fiber" cotton tote. This is perfect for stashing in my purse as to avoid more plastic bags. It's cute but not that big. So don't get one if you think you can do a whole Farmer's Market run with it.

Ravelry Logo Pin

A logo pin

Ravelry- Bob Pin

And no Ravelry order would be complete without a little bit of Bob.

Now that my school work is done. I've been able to get back to reading for fun. Paperback Swap is a great service. Lots of books for little money

Prep Book

Prep by Curtis Sittenfeld. A classic tale of high school angst set in an East Coast prep school. The beginning of this book really embodied how I felt when I went to college- a bumpkin in a fancy restaurant. I got annoyed along the way with the main character's behavior. I can't understand why she didn't even try to But overall I found it to be an entertaining read. Not going to change your life, but fun.

The rest of this week and weekend are going to be pretty busy. Then, I'm off to Boston for one of my roommate's weddings from next Wednesday to Sunday. The wedding is actually closer to Pittsfield. So I'm hoping for a drive through Amherst. I don't think there will be any yarn shopping. No other knitters on the trip. No husbands are coming. Just the girls. It's going to be a lot of fun.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Morticcia said...

Nice ravelry swag!

Are you going to visit your alma mater in Amherst? Too bad there's no fiber enthusiasts going as in between Webs, in Northampton, and Pittsfield, the small town of Cummington is hosting the Massachusetts Sheep and Wool festival this weekend.

Have fun

12:04 PM  
Blogger Me7of11 said...

I'm just glad to hear that it's not just the "newbies" who stuff knitting into plastic bags before stuffing it into our purses.

And I really like that T-shirt.

12:52 PM  
Blogger peaknits said...

excellent swag!! Love those little pins! (kind of like a litle secret as non-ravelers wouldn't know what they are:) Have fun at the wedding! I just mailed two books out ia the swap today - that book trading rocks! Thanks for the recommendation.

1:44 PM  
Blogger cbknits80 said...

You should totally bribe them to hit up Webs!

3:03 PM  
Blogger (formerly) no-blog-rachel said...

But..but..if you're near Amherst, you're quite close to Webs!!!

5:07 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Have an awesome time, you deserve it! hugs

7:37 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

Great buys from Rav! I like the pins.

12:00 AM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

Yeah for the Ravelry stuff - it looks great! Have fun at the wedding!

2:09 PM  
Blogger Minerva Turkey said...

Great Rav haul! I am envious, I wanted to get the fiber tote. I lingered too long looking at shirts and lost it right out of my cart.

7:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home