Monday, May 26, 2008

I Have Flat Feet...

in the literal and yarny sense.

I've been stalking Paradise Fibers for a while now. They are carrying something that I want... Flat Feet. It's such a cool idea. You knit your project off the flat fabric, unraveling as you go.

Flat Feet Sock Yarn

The color is called Mystic Lake- purple, blue, and olive. The thing about this yarn is that I have no idea how it will knit up.

Flat Feet- Up Close

They must dip dye the natural colored yarn in fabric form.

Flat Feet Center Join

There's a central join so you can do 2 at once if that's your style. Plus, I don't have to weigh the yarn like I usually do to split into 2 balls.

Now the tough part of my packing begins. What to bring to knit??? I am starting a new project for this trip. Socks probably. But there are almost too many options. Tomorrow I'll flash you the contenders.

Thank you to all the soldiers and military families! We really appreciate what you do to keep us safe. Take care of yourselves. And come home soon.

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger Knitting Kris said...

Lovely and intriguing! You'll have to show us how it knits up in a project!

2:07 PM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

Such pretty colors!! Oh, the packing of the yarn! To me its the part that is the most fun, but also the hardest of any trip packing!

2:08 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Love the colors! I've seen this in magazines and on the Woolgirl site..let us know how you like it!Have a great time on your trip!

3:58 PM  
Blogger Emma said...

That's such an interesting concept. I'll be interested to see how it comes out.

4:18 PM  
Blogger PurlingPirate said...

Oooh, I've been coveting that Flat Feet! Can't wait to see how yours turns out!

6:21 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It's really intriguing, but the socks I saw being knitted up were on the thin side (some Sock Campers bought out the lys' stock), so I'm not in too much of a hurry to get a "flat" myself. Their colors are so pretty though.

6:22 PM  
Blogger Dame Wendy said...

Love the color palette! I'm curious how the yarn is, being knit beforehand.

8:17 PM  
Blogger Lovs2Knit said...

I haven't been lucky enough to score some yet. It sold out in no time at all when Woolgirl got it in. I love the colors you picked.

9:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Nell,

Just wanted to stop in and say congrats! I'm so happy that everything is going so well with you!

I also love that yarn....such a unique idea. I'm thinking of attempting my first pair of socks...any yarn or pattern advice? I'm still emily.baker@ the merv!

8:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this idea, I've had my eye on this yarn for a while and am interested to see how it knits up.

11:41 AM  
Blogger Minerva Turkey said...

I have wanted to try these, but I haven't been lucky enough to find them in stock. I am eager to hear what you think of it.

11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home