Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Dunzo!

Last night I finished nursing school. After three 12 hour shift this weekend, I got to the required 120 hours of clinical preceptorship. I really can't believe it's been a whole year. For me it flew by. Some months were better than others but I don't regret for a minute going back to school. Here's where I give Brian a shout out for being so supportive. I'm so lucky to have a family that never doubted me. Thanks to all of you too. This blog has been a great place to vent and just talk about all I've been dealing with. One last interview this afternoon and then the tough (but wonderful) decisions will have to be made. Not a bad place to be.

But enough of all this emotional stuff.... Let's see some yarn!

I made a great trade on Ravelry a week or two ago. I sent Barb some roving and she sent me some lovely yarn.

Dream in Color Smooshy- Good Luck Jade

Dream in Color Smooshy- Good Luck Jade

STR Mediumweight- Lagoon

STR Mediumweight- Lagoon

I've always been a lover of blues and greens. So when the new Yarn Pirate Booty Club shipment showed up yesterday, I was very happy! (Hopefully that's not a spoiler!) Click here if you want to see a picture of the May shipment.

Now I have a few days off from official activities. I'm trying hard to finish the Anastasia socks before leaving for Boston in a week. Casting on a new sock for traveling sounds so good- especially for a cross country flight. But before all that I'm off to clean this sty of a house and pay bills. First things first, I guess.

Labels: , ,

13 Comments:

Blogger PurlingPirate said...

Woot!!! Way to go!!! Good luck with your interview and good luck with your decision making!!

Love your new yarn acquistions!

11:36 AM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

Congrats!! Way to go on finishing!

Love the new yarn!! And that yarn pirate shipment....purty!!

1:36 PM  
Blogger cbknits80 said...

Congrats on finishing up with school. I feel like that year went fast. Have fun on your trip to my side of the country, planning on stoppy at any yarn shops? I'm about 45 minutes outside the city, but they've got some great ones I hear!

4:31 PM  
Blogger peaknits said...

Yay!! Can you believe it? It seems like it was so recently that you were weighing your school on the blog - love this forum too! Your yarn, all three skeins, magnificent, especially the Lagoon - mmm.

4:57 PM  
Blogger Emma said...

Congratulations!

6:59 PM  
Blogger Lovs2Knit said...

Congrats! You stayed so busy the time just flew by. Yummy yarns!

8:00 PM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

Congratulations! And, pretty sock yarn! =)

8:02 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Yeah, way to go! Good luck with your interview! You'll do great! You should feel so proud of yourself, what an awesome accomplishment. Put your right hand on your left shoulder and your left hand on your right shoulder...squeeze a hug from me!

8:45 PM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

Good for you! The end of school seems SO far away when you begin, but in the end, it's such a relief, and so worth it!
I have the Good Luck Jade and the new Yarn Pirate Booty - I love it!
Boston??? Going for an interview??

5:49 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Woohoo! Congrats!

And that's why you shouldn't feel guilty about not knitting your sock club kits. You've been in school and we haven't.

Have a great trip & congratulations again!

10:19 AM  
Blogger Morticcia said...

Ooooh! Yummy yummy yarn. I love every single skein you received.

12:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am SO proud of you! Congratulations!

After seeing that YP spoiler, I'm bummed that I opted out of the club a few months back, that is gorgeous yarn!

1:03 PM  
Blogger Tina said...

Congratulations on finishing school AND on the lovely yarn!

6:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home